|Location: Wimborne, Dorset||Salary: £1 per annum + salary advertised|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Rosie Bayliss|
Trainee/Junior Desktop Support Technician
Trainee/ Junior Desktop Support Technician required to join a globally established nuclear company in the Wimborne area. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with customer experience and a passion for IT to receive full training, learn and progress their career.
Responsibilities for the Trainee/ Junior Desktop Support Technician:
Be responsible for dealing with IT problem reports sent to the IT helpdesk and ensuring a successful resolution to user problem reports. The role will involve interfacing with end users, identifying the cause of their IT issue and implementing a fix where possible. In addition, the Desktop Support Technician will be responsible for some elements of asset management all whilst following company processes.
- Being the main focus point for dealing with end user problem reports in the IT helpdesk/ticket system
- Helping to develop the IT helpdesk/ticket system to best support the business
- Maintaining asset databases for IT equipment and software
- Manage new starters from an IT perspective including ensuring that equipment is available/configured and that they undertake an IT induction
- Raising issues to the IT Manager where appropriate
- Performing computer installs/build
Trainee / Junior Desktop Support Technician Requirements:
- A keeness to learn
- Customer facing/customer service experience
- Technical IT knowledge
- Some networking knowledge (ideally)
Click apply now!
The Desktop Support Technician will need to be eligible for SC clearance (Security clearance)
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.