|Location: Weymouth, Dorset||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence, Electronics||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Alex Spraggett|
Trainee Test Technician
Trainee Test Technician needed for a multinational Defence and Electronics organisation based in Weymouth who are looking to employ a Trainee Test Technician with a willingness to perform hands-on tasks in a workshop/ testing environment working to appropriate standards within an ISO 9001 Quality System and who is able to read and create basic electronic designs/circuit diagrams.
The successful Trainee Test Technician will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Flexible benefits package (car scheme, retail vouchers, gym discounts, employee share scheme, ability to buy or sell annual leave and more!)
- Pension Scheme
- Sports and Social club
- Free parking
- 4x your annual salary in life assurance
- 5-hour work week
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Trainee Test Technician will include:
- Electronically test items from production, in accordance with customer specifications and by completing relevant test documentation.
- Fault finding to component level using customer circuit diagrams
- Write and maintain process notes for all products tested
- Carry out visual inspections to IPC610 on all products tested.
- Record defect information.
- Assist in internal audits
- Escalate failures and assist in analysing data.
- Support the Production Supervisor on quality defects.
- Repair and maintain test equipment (where appropriate)
- Identify future equipment requirement
- Support products on and off site (where necessary)
- Assist in the compilation of process notes for testing of all product variants
- Complete product tests to agreed schedules.
- Assist in writing profiles for environmental ovens.
- Strive to meet zero defects. Investigate, identify and rectify
What you need to be the successful Trainee Test Technician:
In order to be the successful Trainee Test Technician and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- The successful candidate will need to be self-motivated, able to prioritise work and learn quickly whilst working alongside experienced colleagues.
- Technically strong with an enquiring mind, willing to learn, contribute effectively and take full ownership of tasks
- Willing to perform hands-on tasks in a workshop/ testing environment working to appropriate standards within an ISO 9001 Quality System.
- Able to read and create basic electronic designs/circuit diagrams
- Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Trainee Test Technician to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.