|Location: West London, London||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Zak Mendoza||Job Published: 19 days ago|
Training Officer needed for a multinational Aerospace and Defence organisation based in Middlesex who are looking to employ an experienced Training Officer with an in-depth knowledge of modern training techniques and tools, designing course content, including that of a technical nature, and the ability to address training needs with complete courses.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Training Officer will include:
- Input to the Annual Training Plan, ensuring that the appropriate refresher training and proactive interventions are planned for the year, ensuring that the requirements for Greenford, Cambridge and Preston are adequately covered.
- Design and develop learning interventions according to organisational requirements. Develop appropriate training materials, sometimes bespoke, including agendas and training schedules to meet those requirements.
- Input to the induction programme for new starters, ensuring an effective introduction to the business and that Managers and the HR team are aware of requirements and their responsibilities.
- Ensure that materials are updated and refreshed as procedures, priorities and business needs change.
- Schedule and run (either personally or via another employee or provider) refresher courses across the business within the required timeframe.
- Provide insight and advice on other training across the business, e.g. IFS. Support with the development of content and make this available via the most appropriate media, be that video, e-learning, classroom training, toolbox talks or other.
- Develop appropriate training across blended learning methods, e.g. classroom, e-learning, videos, 1-2-1 sessions, lunchtime briefings, toolbox talks, and via Skype.
- Work with Sales & Marketing to ensure we develop and deliver appropriate internal training on our products and capabilities across the company, to the right people and the right detail to support in their roles and understanding of our
- Deliver training sessions, webinars, workshops in groups or individually, or support with organising sessions to be run by others internally or externally.
- Utilise the appropriate system for organising, running, keeping and reporting on information related to completed courses, absences, issues Ensure attendee's training records are updated with attendance and issue 'Certificates of Attendance' where appropriate.
- Observe and evaluate results of training programmes and make improvement as
- Work collaboratively with the Operational Training Co-ordinator at Cheltenham and HR Manager at Manhattan,
- Make recommendations for improving the department's processes to increase business
- Undertake other tasks/activities that reasonably fall within the scope of the Trainer's
What you need to be the successful Training Officer:
In order to be the successful Training Officer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Proven experience as a trainer
- Proven experience and knowledge of modern training techniques and tools
- Experience in designing course content, including that of a technical nature
- Ability to address training needs with complete courses
- Ability to lead and/or participate in several projects at a time with excellent organisational skills
- Working knowledge in MS Office (especially PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and comfortable presenting to groups of people
- Excellent organizational and time-management abilities
- Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Training Officer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Please note that all applicants moving forward for the Training Officer position must have obtained or be eligible for security clearance up to SC level.