|Location: East London||Salary: £40000 - £80000 per annum + Benefits, Van and fuel card|
|Sector: Highways & Highways Electricals||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Emma Puddick|
Transport Manager / Fleet Manager
London / East London / Bow
Salary: £40,000 - £80,000 + Van and fuel card
Transport Manager / Fleet Manager needed urgently for a main highways contractor for a Transport Manager / Fleet Manager in the East London area. This is a permanet position where they are looking for candidates with all kinds of skills and experience.
The successful Transport Manager / Fleet Manager will report to the General Manager and will be responsibile for the effective and continuous control of vehicles and the transport activities of the Operator's licence/s within the designated business area.
The Transport Manager / Fleet Manager will be in charge of a small team of up to 3-4 administrators, making sure the licensing/s has been done, vehicles are all in order, everyone has the correct certificates/tickets.
Transport Manager / Fleet Manager Must Provide:
- Effective and Continuous Control of the business where vehicles are provided to service the business. This includes use of cars/vans by employees.
- Legal compliance management for all vehicle fleet operations.
- Corporate compliance management in line with policies, procedures and systems.
- Resource management of employees and insourced staff (to include driver's hours and WTD requirements).
- Effective controls to monitor and achieve financial targets including stock management.
- Vehicle service and availability to meet tasking requirements.
- Fully maintained and roadworthy vehicles to meet tasking requirements.
- Suitably qualified and experienced Drivers to meet tasking and corporate requirements.
- Safe and maintained equipment for employees to meet their tasking requirements.
- A Safe workplace for employees to work.
- Investigation and Reports on RTC incidents.
- Advice and guidance to employees and others on internal vehicle fleet issues.
- Adequate assurance of vehicle fleet management issues.
- Ensure adherence to company targets with respect to Fleet audits.
- Ensure vehicle defect procedure compliance.
- Ensure adherence to all Operators Licence requirements.
Transport Manager / Fleet Manager Key Duties:
- Proactively supporting the Business Manager and the Operations Managers in all aspects of operating a compliant and efficient fleet.
- Promoting vision and values to internal and external stakeholders.
- Providing Line Management and professional supervision of staff.
- Meeting agreed KPI's and customer requirements.
- Meeting daily planned task operations.
- Meeting Operator Licence compliance where required.
- Providing clear communication highways between line managers, drivers and staff.
- Ensuring that all staff, including agency, receive induction and that all authorisation checks are conducted (to include; driving licence, DCPC, ADR etc.).
- Ensuring that employed commercial vehicle drivers receive DCPC training as required and that other drivers receive appropriate driver training as advised.
- Ensuring that all authorised vehicles are maintained as directed and supported with appropriate planning.
- Ensuring that only authorised vehicles are on site.
- Ensuring that any additional equipment used is calibrated and certified when required.
- Taking appropriate action to remedy vehicle defects.
- Taking appropriate action to remedy driver and other staff failures.
- Implementing a daily and gate check vehicle inspection routine in line with corporate procedures.
- Ensuring that drivers under EU Tachograph and those under Domestic Drivers Hours Rules fully comply with requirements.
- Ensuring, where required, that ADR requirements are fully met.
- Providing assistance in TRC and vehicle related incident investigations.
- Notify the Traffic Commissioner of resignation.
Transport Manager / Fleet Manager will need to:
- Be "Hands On"
- Have managerial Experience
- Have highways Experience
- Own a Driver's License
Please get in touch right away as they're looking to get the Transport Manager / Fleet Manager position started right away, Apply Now!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.