|Location: Dorking, Surrey||Salary: Bonus and benefits|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ian Cowx||Job Published: 9 days ago|
Trials and Measurement Engineer
Permanent post paying £45,000 - £55,000 + Bonus and Benefits
Our client has a wide range of capabilities utilising testing, trials, condition monitoring, design codes and computer aided engineering (such as FEA). The team has a wide range of backgrounds from fundamental materials science, to stress engineering, field based work and plant/facilities operations.
This particular role is focused on trials, measurement and inspection competency. Trials, measurement and inspection has long complimented the more analytical and systems engineering services. We have delivered and continue to deliver diverse portfolio of projects, working on planes, trains, cranes, and everything in between, providing a variety of solutions tailored to our clients' needs.
Depending on experience, the candidate will be involved in the technical delivery and leadership of trial, measurement and inspection projects, technical oversight, review of the work of other staff, developing and maintaining relationships with our clients and innovating our service offer.
Predominantly technically focussed but as a consultancy we are looking for engineers to be able to work across the business and with various clients. Good interpersonal skills are very important as is the ability to make structured decisions, problem solving and show initiative and ownership of issues.
- Technical knowledge in the mechanical / structural engineering and sciences domain.
- Client facing - able to build strong relationships
- Team player, willing to working within a diverse, often multi-disciplinary team.
Mechanical Engineering degree is a great route into this discipline. However, a physics or maths degree followed by a Masters or Doctorate in an integrity engineering discipline is also of interest.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate experience of both field and laboratory based experimental work covering a wide range of technical activities:
- Planning and executing testing programmes, including development of method statements and health and safety risk assessments;
- Sound theoretical and practical understanding of measurement techniques;
- Experience of a range of sensor technologies (e.g. strain, vibration, pressure, load, noise, temperature), and understanding of the practical issues involved in specifying instrumentation;
- Theoretical and practical understanding of signal and data analysis techniques;
- Site based forensic investigation, including problem diagnosis and development of high level remedial schemes;
- Measurement to compliment numerical modelling;
- Measurement to supporting operational and asset integrity programmes.
- The role includes a requirement to regularly visit our customers sites and physically interact with assets. As a consequence, personnel will need to be capable of walking around sites, climbing stairs and ladders and potentially working at height or in confined spaces.
The ability to demonstrate a range of the following attributes is desirable:
- Understanding of the risks involved in site based work and experience of managing emergent problems in a logical and pragmatic manner.
- Experience of a consultancy environment would be ideal.
- Candidates would ideally be able to demonstrate experience across a range of industry sectors.
- Project and programme management, including working in multi-disciplinary teams;
- Experience with training and mentoring junior engineers
We provide our people with an excellent benefits package that comprises:
- Competitive salary + Bonus
- 25 days' holiday entitlement
- Holiday sale and purchase scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Targeted professional development
- Life assurance
- Private healthcare membership
- Paid membership fees to a professional institution
- Support in attaining professional membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Share purchase scheme
- Flexible start and finish time
- Season rail ticket loan
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.