|Location: Dorking, Surrey||Salary: Negotiable|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ben Abbott|
Trials Engineer (Trials and Measurement Engineer)
Industry: Defence, Marine, Oil & Gas, Power Generation, Power & Energy, Transport
Trials Engineer (Trials and Measurement Engineer) needed for a top engineering consultancy based in the UK. My client is looking to employ an experienced Trials Engineer (Trials and Measurement Engineer) with an in-depth knowledge of sensor technologies (e.g. strain, vibration, pressure, load, noise, temperature), and understanding of the practical issues involved in specifying instrumentation.
The successful Trials Engineer (Trials and Measurement Engineer) will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
* Competitive salary
* 25 days' holiday entitlement
* Holiday sale and purchase scheme
* Company pension scheme
* Targeted professional development
* Life assurance
* Private healthcare membership
* Bonus scheme linked into company performance
* Paid membership fees to a professional institution
* Support in attaining professional membership
* Cycle to work scheme
* Share purchase scheme
* Flexible start and finish time
* Season rail ticket loan
Some of the main duties of the Trials Engineer (Trials and Measurement Engineer) will include:
* Planning and executing testing programmes, including development of method statements and health and safety risk assessments;
* Sound theoretical and practical understanding of measurement techniques;
* Experience of a range of sensor technologies (e.g. strain, vibration, pressure, load, noise, temperature), and understanding of the practical issues involved in specifying instrumentation;
* Theoretical and practical understanding of signal and data analysis techniques;
* Site based forensic investigation, including problem diagnosis and development of high level remedial schemes;
* Measurement to compliment numerical modelling;
* Measurement to supporting operational and asset integrity programmes.
My client is looking for a Trials Engineer (Trials and Measurement Engineer) who has a strong technical background and experience in project management and commercial awareness.
The ability to demonstrate a range of the following attributes is desirable:
* Strong self-motivation with a history of working autonomously;
* Understanding of the risks involved in site based work and experience of managing emergent problems in a logical and pragmatic manner.
* Experience of a consultancy environment would be ideal, including experience with developing bids, customer liaison and business development;
* Candidates would ideally be able to demonstrate experience across a range of industry sectors; marine, power generation, gas turbines, transport or oil and gas;
* Comfortable in client focused roles;
* Strong project and programme management, including working in multi-disciplinary teams;
* Experience of developing procurement specifications and working with suppliers;
* Leading small teams of engineers;
* Experience with training and mentoring junior engineers
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Trials Engineer (Trials and Measurement Engineer) to progress their career and join the best engineering consultancy in the UK. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.