|Location: Hampshire, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Zak Mendoza||Job Published: 20 days ago|
6 month contract
Trials Engineer needed for a multinational defence organisation based in the Hampshrie area, who are looking to employ an experienced Trials Engineer with an in-depth knowledge of planning and executing a trials program for complex electronic systems, experience of running trials programs within a military or defence contractor environment, and the defence industry.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Trials Engineer will include:
- Preparing and running a trials program for a Mobile Electronic Warfare Range Test System (MERTS.)
- Interview subject matter experts and prepare a Trials Program Proposal.
- Review Trials Program Proposal with management team to ensure it will allow the company to exercise all our System Test Requirements.
- Identify and manage the logistical requirements of performing the trials program.
- Identify potential trails locations and liaise with external organisations to establish access and permits to conduct trials.
- Conduct actual Trials Program.
- Ensure Engineering Issues are documented according to the company procedures
- Manage security of information.
- Ensure trials are conducted in accordance with H&S best practices.
- Execute plan to agreed budget.
What you need to be the successful Trials Engineer:
In order to be the successful Trials Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Must be able to demonstrate previous experience of planning and executing a trials program for complex electronic systems.
- Experience of running trials programs within a military or defence contractor environment.
- Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills to effectively gather information from different engineering disciplines (hardware, software and test.)
- An ability to grasp and structure large amounts of information and document this in a clear and concise fashion.
- The ability to explain technically complex concepts clearly.
- Accuracy and a methodical approach to work.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Knowledge of DOORS requirements management tools
- Ability to travel. Job will be based in Farnborough initially but there will a requirement to conduct trials at other UK locations. There is also the possibility of some travel to Far East.
- Experience and knowledge relating to H&S whilst running out door trials programs
- Degree or technical qualifications
- Proven experience in planning and executing Trials Programs, preferably within a defence environment
- Ability to obtain SC Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Trials Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
All applicants going forward for the Trials Engineer position must have obtained or be eligible for security clearance up to SC level.