|Location: Bedford, Bedfordshire||Salary: £50000 - £55000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jack Pleon|
My Client is looking for a Trials Manager to join them at either their Bedfordshire location or their Bovington location. As the company looks to grow its UK business over the next five years, it sees new opportunities to partner with the UK government to meet the country's global defence and security needs. This will be on an initial 6 month contract but the likelihood of an extension is quite high.
Week 1 Mon - Thur 8.30am - 5.30pm. Fri 8.30am - 4.00pm
Week 2 Mon - Thur 8.30am - 5.30pm. Fri Day off
Lunch break 30 mins each day
My client has become known as a leading UK defence engineering company, delivering on a broad range of contracts for the MoD, prime contractors across the wider UK market and international defence ministries.
Specific Job Description
Management of all aspects of vehicle systems trials including:
- Responsibility for the trials plan and procedures
- Author and agree trials documentation internally and externally
- Interface with test facilities through a supply chain representative
- Determine and contract appropriate test facility through identified supply chain representative
- Act as prime technical liaison with contracted test facility
- Organise vehicle and equipment transport to and from identified facilities
- Execution of the agreed trials plan
- Ensure safety of all personnel during the trial
- Adherence of the trial to security requirements both for data and equipment
- Ensure the validity of the collected trials results and data
- Maintain the trials to schedule
- Adherence to trials procedures
- Manage trials team (composed of vehicle owner and crew, as well as specialist engineers for that trial)
- Accurate daily reporting for trials
- Raise DRACAS observations as required to support programme investigations
- Maintenance of the trials daily log in accordance with company and project procedures
- Provide data and information to assist, and in some cases direct, fault investigation and rectification.
- Generation of the trials report at the conclusion of the event
- Responsible for presenting at Test Readiness Reviews and Post Test Reviews
- Support to trials preparation and conduct where required
- Working closely with MoD Authority personnel, vehicle owners, vehicle crews and trials site personnel
The trials manager will be based at Ampthill and will be expected to deploy to the trials site (primarily Bovington army camp but other facilities are planned to be used) for duration of the trial and travel between sites for meetings and reviews where required. It is anticipated that trials activity will primarily be conducted between Monday to Friday but individual trials activities could continue for several weeks at a time.
- Demonstrable understanding and experience of qualification and verification trials, and their role in systems acceptance
- Planning, attendance and conduct of verification and qualification trials with MoD, preferably armoured vehicle trials
- Planning and managing trials logistics, including risk assessments and safe systems of work, equipment transportation and personnel movements Understanding of armoured fighting vehicles and associated systems
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Test and Trials planning, conduct and reporting against Def-Stan 00-35, 08-41 and 59-411
- Experience of compliance with all UK Environmental, Safety & Health legislation; esp. 1974 HSAW Act and 1990 Environmental Protection Act
- Management and conduct of Live Fire trials with MoD
- Management and conduct of Environmental and EMC qualification trials with MoD
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE REQUIRED TO HOLD SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC)
Click apply now to be considered!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.