|Location: Bedford, Bedfordshire||Salary: £40000 - £45000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jack Pleon|
My Client is looking for a Trials Manager to join them Bedfordshire site. As the company looks to grow its UK business over the next five years, it sees new opportunities to partner with the UK government to meet the country's global defence and security needs.
Week 1 Mon - Thur 8.30am - 5.30pm. Fri 8.30am - 4pm
Week 2 Mon - Thur 8.30am - 5.30pm Fri day off
Lunch break 30 mins each day
My client has become known as a leading UK defence engineering company, delivering on a broad range of contracts for the MoD, prime contractors across the wider UK market and international defence ministries.
Specific Job Description
This opportunity is for an individual to join the Systems Integration and Test Department as a Trials Manager, working on our vehicle programmes as they undertake their Qualification and Verification activities.
The successful individual will have responsibility for all aspects of the planning, conduct and reporting of their assigned trials. Key activities will include:
* Authoring trials documentation including trials plans, procedures and test house statements of work
* Determine and contract appropriate test facility through identified supply chain representative
* Co-ordinate vehicle and equipment transport to and from identified facilities
* Execution of the agreed trials procedure
* Ensure safety of all personnel during the trial,
* Adherence to trials security requirements
* Ensure the validity of the collected trials results and data
* Maintain the trials activities to schedule and budget
* Manage the assigned trials team (composed of vehicle owner and crew, as well as specialist engineers for that trial)
* Raise DRACAS observations as required to support engineering investigations
* Maintenance of the trials daily log in accordance with company and project procedures
* Generation of the trials report at the conclusion of the event
* Responsible for presenting at Test Readiness Reviews and Post Test Reviews
* Support to trials preparation and conduct where required
* Working closely with MoD Authority personnel, vehicle owners, vehicle crews and trials site personnel
Required skills, qualifications and experience
- Demonstrable understanding and experience of qualification and verification trials, and their role in systems acceptance.
- Planning, attendance and conduct of verification and qualification trials with MoD, preferably armoured vehicle trials
- Planning and managing trials logistics, including risk assessments and safe systems of work, equipment transportation and personnel movements
- Understanding of armoured fighting vehicles and associated systems
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Test planning, conduct and reporting against Def-Stans e.g. 00-35, 08-41, 07-85 and 59-411
- Management and conduct of Live Fire trials with MoD
- Management and conduct of Environmental and EMC qualification trials with MoD
- Experience of compliance with all UK Environmental, Safety & Health legislation; esp. 1974 HSAW Act and 1990 Environmental Protection Act
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE REQUIRED TO HOLD SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC)
Click apply now to be considered!