|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: £40000 - £45000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Alii Thorogood|
Trials Manager needed for a multinational Aerospace and Defence client based in Bedfordshire who are looking to employ an experienced Trials Manager with an in-depth knowledge of vehicle qualification trials.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Trials Manager will include:
- Operation of on and off-vehicle instrumentation to ensure that the trials data is correctly collected.
- Recording of trials events through written logs, photography and videography as required
- Initial investigation of incident and observations raised during the trial and subsequent reporting of those incidents and observations
- Assist the trials manager in the safe and correct conduct of the trials
- Maintenance and configuration of the on-vehicle instrumentation suite
- Working with test houses to ensure that trials run as smoothly as possible
- Working closely with the vehicle owners and vehicle crews to ensure that the trials activities & objectives are understood and adhered to
What you need to be the successful Trials Manager:
In order to be the successful Trials Manager and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Experience of armoured fighting vehicle qualification trials or similar
- Experience of using Data Acquisition equipment e.g. data loggers, video loggers, photography and videography in a test and trials environment
- Experience of using the following instrumentation/data acquisition technologies: accelerometers, thremocouples, MiLCAN, ethernet analysers or similar
- Experience of reporting and diagnosis of faults and observations on complex systems
- Experience of working effectively in small teams for extended periods away from the main office
- Experience of working with and recording Def Stan 00-82 video or similar technologies
- Experience of EMC, Environmental and Electrical tests and trials to DEF-STAN or equivalent military standards
- Experience of installing, maintaining and operating commercial radio communications equipment
Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Trials Manager to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.