|Location: Wareham||Salary: £34 - £43 per hour|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Jack Pleon|
Trials Manager needed to join my client on a contract basis. The company looks to grow its UK business over the next five years, it sees new opportunities to partner with the UK government to meet the country's global defence and security needs. This will be on an initial 6 month contract but the likelihood of an extension is quite high, they may even offer a 12 month contract from the start!
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Trials Manager will include:
Management of all aspects of vehicle systems trials including:
- Responsibility for the trials plan and procedures
- Author and agree trials documentation internally and externally
- Interface with test facilities through a supply chain representative
- Determine and contract appropriate test facility through identified supply chain representative
- Act as prime technical liaison with contracted test facility
- Organise vehicle and equipment transport to and from identified facilities
- Execution of the agreed trials plan
- Ensure safety of all personnel during the trial
- Adherence of the trial to security requirements both for data and equipment
- Ensure the validity of the collected trials results and data
- Maintain the trials to schedule
- Adherence to trials procedures
- Manage trials team (composed of vehicle owner and crew, as well as specialist engineers for that trial)
- Accurate daily reporting for trials
- Raise DRACAS observations as required to support programme investigations
- Working closely with MoD Authority personnel, vehicle owners, vehicle crews and trials site personnel The trials manager will be based at either Ampthill or Bovington and will be expected to deploy to the trials site for duration of the trial and travel between sites for meetings and reviews where required. It is anticipated that trials activity will primarily be conducted between Monday to Friday. Individual trials activities could continue for several weeks at a time. The successful candidate will be required to travel to wherever the vehicles are in the UK, but will be based at Bovington with the bulk of the work expected to be based there.
What you need to be the successful Trials Manager:
In order to be the successful Trials Manager and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Demonstrable understanding and experience of qualification and verification trials, and their role in systems acceptance Planning, attendance and conduct of verification and qualification trials with MoD, preferably armoured vehicle trials.
- Planning and managing trials logistics, including risk assessments and safe systems of work, equipment transportation and personnel movements.
- Understanding of armoured fighting vehicles and associated systems.
- Test planning, conduct and reporting against Def-Stan 00-35, 08-41 and 59-411 Management and conduct of Live Fire trials with MoD Management and conduct of Environmental and EMC qualification trials with MoD Experience of compliance with all UK Environmental, Safety & Health legislation; esp. 1974 HSAW Act and 1990 Environmental Protection Act
Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Trials Manager to join a large organisation. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.