|Location: Chelmsford, Essex||Salary: £55000 - £60000 per annum|
|Sector: Financial Services||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Kelly Jempson|
UK Tax and Financial Reporting Manager needed for a dynamic electronic technology company based in Chelmsford.
Due to the ever-changing requirements of the business, the Finance function is continuing to evolve to meet the needs of the growing organisation.
Benefits: Pension, Life Assurance, Cycle to work scheme, free parking, canteen, rail discounts etc
Position Summary and Responsibilities
Supporting the UK Tax and Financial Reporting Manager with tax and reporting responsibilities including:
Corporation tax responsibilities:
- Preparation of UK R&D tax credit claim calculation
- Support preparation of corporate tax computations
- Preparation of current and deferred tax estimates
- Provision of tax related information to group as required
- VAT, Intrastat & EC sales list reporting:
- Preparation and submission of UK monthly VAT/Intrastat/ECSL returns,
- Ensuring compliance with HMRC legislation including MTD
Statutory reporting responsibilities:
- Support statutory audit process
- Support preparation of FRS 101/102 subsidiary statutory accounts
- Ensuring the function and business operates within the financial controls and procedures.
To support the Tax and Treasury Team with the delivery of ad hoc projects as required, including system improvements
- Strong hands on financial accounting experience is essential
- ACCA or ACA qualification or qualified by experience
- Intermediate level Excel skills as a minimum
- Experience of preparing tax and VAT returns is desirable, ideally using Alphatax software
- Experience of preparing statutory accounts would be advantageous
- Experience of an ERP system - preferably SAP
This is an exciting opportunity for the successful UK Tax and Financial Reporting Manager to join a developing company. If you are interested then apply or contact Kelly.