|Location: Guildford, Surrey||Salary: £50000 - £60000 per annum|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Harriet Houlton||Job Published: 9 days ago|
UPGRADE & MAINTENANCE ENGINEER
Guildford, UK, Permanent
With a passion to deliver experiences such as high-end interactive drama and immersive VR, my client is carving a unique and exciting path in the games industry. Want to join us on the journey?
We are looking for an experienced C++ software engineer to provide upgrade and maintenance support for our game engine. We are expanding our core engineering team to improve the quality of all our systems, from lower-level graphics systems to high-level systems and tools. We use Unreal Engine 4, which we have extended through many plugin modules. We have also made changes to some core systems to suit our workflow and runtime features.
You will be involved in the upgrading and maintenance of the engine, working closely with project based engineers to refactor and upgrade the features we have written. Your experience with C++ and a traditional software engineering background will be leveraged to determine the best solutions for our studio.
In this role, you will gain valuable experience of Unreal Engine and games software development in general. Previous experience in these areas is not essential.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Expert in C++ - you've worked with C++ for 5+ years in any software industry.
- Real-time Software Knowledge - experience of the requirements and constraints of real-time software is essential.
- Problem Solver - you enjoy understanding and working with complex systems. You're prepared to dive into unfamiliar code and learn new skills when necessary.
- Adaptable - you are willing to learn and adapt to the role as it grows.
- Great Communicator - you can talk about your work, and are able to understand different perspectives and requirements.
WE'D BE ESPECIALLY IMPRESSED BY:
- Agile Methodologies - a goal focused approach and experience of Agile is an advantage.
- Game Development - previous knowledge of Unreal Engine and games development is not essential but may help you get started.
YOU ALSO NEED TO BE:
- Flexible and open-minded
- Determined and self-motivated
- Prepared to rise to a challenge
- Always striving for quality
- Creative and innovative