|Location: London||Salary: £40000 - £60000 per annum + +shares and benefits|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Sam Francis||Job Published: 28 days ago|
What you will get
- Starting salary: £45,000-£60,000 DOE
- Equity: Share Options after 6 months of employment
- Flexible Working: We operate a flexible working model to give our team the culture of belonging and inclusion, leading us to be more productive, agile and flexible as a company. Employees are able to work from home, from the office, or a combination of the two in agreement with their manager. We also operate a 'Work from Anywhere' programme allowing more flexibility when it comes to working in a different country or city up to a maximum of 15 days per quarter (some limitations to address time zone difficulties and regional entity laws apply).
- Holiday: 25 days + bank holidays + 1 additional day per year up to 3 years
- Pension: 3% company contributory
- Perkbox account including significant discounts on products, experiences, and things like discounted gym membership, free Cafe Nero coffee, and free cinema tickets
What you will be doing
- Own the build and maintenance of a design system in Figma for our rapidly scaling product suite, spanning B2B and B2C web and mobile applications. Including components, variants, patterns and functional documentation
- Work with development to ensure the design system meets all of their requirements and integrates seamlessly with their workflows, through something like Storybook or similar
- Work with Marketing to ensure the design system is on brand and aligned with all existing brand materials
- Implement and maintain existing UI patterns and behaviours to create polished UIs that are consistent with the rest of the product suite and the new design system
- Design and execute research activities to inform product discovery, including surveys, customer interviews, user testing, and data analysis
- Produce detailed user experience deliverables including personas, user journeys, user flows, sketches, wireframes, and prototypes for new products and features
- Work closely with the product and dev teams to gather requirements, define problems, and create solutions
- Communicate your design decisions, process and solutions to the wider team to keep everyone up to speed and to ensure buy-in
What you will have
You will perform all UX and UI duties, working closely with the Lead UX/UI Designer. Your first task will be to build, maintain and own a new design system in Figma, spanning a suite of B2B web applications and dashboards and B2C mobile apps. You will have experience building style guides, pattern libraries, complex components, variants and functional documentation whilst ensuring the system integrates seamlessly with development workflows.
As a UX & UI evangelist, you have a proven track record of understanding and defining customer problems and proposing and implementing intuitive and beautiful design solutions. You are experienced in everything from user research, right through to polished UI handover, and are comfortable conveying the voice of the user to the wider business.
- Experience building and maintaining full design systems in Figma. More than just a pattern library or style guide this will include component creation, variants, functional documentation and maintenance
- Solid experience of UX & UI on B2B web software and dashboard projects, working with data-heavy or complex UIs and solving the design problems that such UIs create
- Proven track-record of using an array of user research methods, including surveys, interviews, workshops and data analysis, and a deep understanding about when each method is appropriate.
- Excellent rapid sketching and prototyping skills, as well as the ability to produce fully featured prototypes in Figma, InVision or similar
- Strong ability with a wide range of design tools including Figma, Sketch and the Adobe Creative Suite
- A UX & UI evangelist, you'll be skilled in articulating complex design methodologies to ensure buy-in from stakeholders and the rest of the team
- Experience in defining, implementing and upholding design guidelines and principles.
- Comfortable working as part of an Agile, Kanban, or Scrum process
- 6+ years experience in UX & UI design
- Experience with micro interactions and animations to add a layer of delight to UI designs
- Previous experience working in start-ups, and/or in the mobility, navigation, or mapping sector, would be highly desirable
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.