|Location: Wokingham, Berkshire||Salary: £25000 - £33000 per annum|
|Sector: Highways & Highways Electricals||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Liz Collins|
Maintenance / Installation Technician - Highways
South East Region - Field Based
An immediate opportunity exists for a Maintenance / Installation Technician with experience of testing and commissioning of highways equipment. Working as part of a team you will be joining an organisation with a reputation for delivering programmes, UK wide.
Paying a competitive basic salary + Vehicle and benefits (details available on request)
Applicants with hands-on Maintenance / Installation / Commissioning experience are highly desirable, as well as applicants who have Supervisory or Management proven ability within the Highways arena.
If you have exposure to road signs, CCTV, and maintenance of other technologies / motorway experience / i.e., signalling experience within the army, your skills are likely to be transferrable into the Highways sector. Training is available.
As a Highways Maintenance / Installation Technician your main duties will include:
- Carry out testing and commissioning on motorway communications equipment - such as CCTV, VMS (variable message signs), MIDAS, ANPR, EMS, Gantry Signals, ERT etc.
- Prepare reports to management and support RTMC Contracts
- Equipment installation and maintenance
- Cable inspecting, terminating and testing
- Ensure that a high standard and quality of work is done, improving the highways technology performance on the contract
The successful Maintenance / Installation Technician will be equipped with the following:
- Excellent working knowledge of Highways / Motorways Technology equipment
- Cable testing and termination
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Knowledge of HA practices
- Understand MCX Drawings
- Experience in HA installation
- Electrical 2391 / 2392 / 2394 / 2395 - Test & Inspection
- IOSH / NEBOSH / COSHH
- Supervision of subcontractors
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Maintenance / Installation Technician to take on a new challenge operating out in the 'field' working as part of a professional team keeping road users safe. You will be working with CCTV, VMS (Variable Message Signs), EMS, Gantry Signals, ERT, MIDAS, ANPR, HATMS, and joining an organisation that is committed to personal and professional development.
If you are an experienced Maintenance / Installation Technician and are looking for an opportunity to progress your career within the Highways & Installation sector, why not apply today.