|Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire||Salary: + Bens|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ben Abbott||Job Published: 12 days ago|
Validation & Verification Engineer
I have a great opportunity for a Validation & Verification Engineer to join a Global Electronics company based in Milton Keynes. In this role you will organise, direct and perform verification and validation testing of products that have been designed by the company. The main markets they work in are computing, communications, industrial and medical.
They are very keen on internal promotions which can been seen in the staff retention, 55% of their staff have been working for the company 10 years + and majority started as junior members of the team. They offer opportunities with in the UK and Internationally.
The successful Validation & Verification Engineer will want to work for my client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
* Staff Bonus Scheme
* 23 days holidays (increase to 26 after a period of time)
* Pension Scheme
* Life Insurance (4 x employees salary)
* Income Protection Cover
* Career Progression
* Employee appreciation day - celebrated in August
Some of the main duties of the Validation & Verification Engineer will include:
* Monitor and maintain suitable standards of validation and verification, including quality of presented results and adherence to procedures/work instructions.
* Complete statistical analysis of results
* Liaise technically with product design engineers to understand and facilitate the necessary testing to verify performance criteria.
* Create test plans and schedules for verification, validation and production testing
* Have ability to multi-task whilst maintaining a professional approach to tasks at hand.
* Provide first line support of the test systems in use by other personnel
* Provide input into the definition and design of templates for the presentation of results
* Preparation of devices under test (DUTs) and fixtures relating to testing.
* Setup and execution of tests in accordance with the plan and individual test work instructions.
* Review of current test standards to ensure we are delivering the highest quality products.
* Support of other departments.
* Oversee/define work undertaken by subordinate engineers/technicians.
The ideal candidate will have experience with:
* Formal qualification equivalent to UK degree level in electronics or related discipline. Candidates with equivalent experience may be considered.
* Have a methodical structured approach to time management and task execution and be able to work to structured plans with tight timescales.
* Experience in a test/test design environment is beneficial.
* Experience of Environmental tests.
* PCB design and layout skills.
* Coding experience
* Statistical Analysis experience
* IT literate including familiarity with MS office software. Knowledge of Excel macros and/or VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) is advantageous.
* Ability to work in a team effectively while being self-motivated.
* Be a proactive and good communicator to drive projects and tasks to timely completion.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Validation & Verification Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!