|Location: Blackpool, Lancashire||Salary: £21.00 - £23.80 per hour|
|Sector: Medical Devices||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Sam Davies|
Value Stream Scientist
Value Stream Scientist needed for a globally-recognised medical devices organisation based in Blackpool who are looking to employ an experienced Value Stream Scientist with experience working in a manufacturing / laboratory environment (preferably with medical devices) and with a continuous improvement mindset.
The successful Value Stream Scientist will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will receive a pay rate of up to £23.80.
What the role entails: To deliver Value Stream technical support across factory and laboratories in line with the company metrics and strategy.
Some of the main duties of the Value Stream Scientist will include:
* Lead delivery of Value Stream (VS) metrics for product and process technical aspects.
* Collaborate in VS Team to maximize performance of Value Stream.
* Collaborate in VS Team to deliver opportunities using continuous improvement methodologies.
* Drive continuous improvement events to remediate VS deficiencies.
* Develop detailed 'hands-on' knowledge of core VS processes including raw materials, processing, testing and product requirements.
* Lead investigations and execute actions as part of the CAPA process.
* Conduct lab-based testing as required.
* Lead investigations into process and laboratory failures and progress issues with test results through the appropriate quality systems. Write protocols and reports for studies.
* Co-ordinate own week to week workload in line with VS priorities and overall business framework. Collate resource hours.
* Develop intimate 'hands-on' knowledge of core business products.
* Role model for continuous improvement behaviours.
* Adhere to the Change Control and Design Control requirements.
* Support commercial enquiries.
What you need to be the successful Value Stream Scientist:
* Minimum 5 years' experience of working in a manufacturing / laboratory environment
* Some previous experience in medical device or related regulated industry desirable but not essential
* Previous experience of problem solving within a manufacturing / laboratory environment
* Good communication skills
* Able to deal with constantly changing requirements and priorities
* Investigational mindset
* Challenging the status quo
* Ability to work as a team
* Manage your own time and workload
* Excellent organisational and project management skills
* Scientific background
* To have the ability of numerical reasoning, verbal reasoning and to be PC literate
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Value Stream Scientist to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!