|Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire||Salary: Up to £280 per day|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Gautam Raval||Job Published: 29 days ago|
Vendor Delivery Manager
6 Months Contract
My client is a global communication provider who are looking to recruit a VDM (Vendor Delivery Manager) for a 6 month contract based in Cambridge.
Vendor Delivery Manager Project Deliverables:
As a Vendor Delivery Manager you will be responsible for coordinating and managing the delivery of customers network infrastructure hardware, devices and equipment in support of network fiber services (fiber, waves, collocation space, power, cross-connects, riser, IP-transit ports, etc.) from third-party vendors in accordance with planned deployment timeframes contractually negotiated by the customer.
As a Vendor Delivery Manager, you will be responsible for the delivery of dark fiber, bulk fiber, leased wavelength and associated cross connects. The role will be to plan, facilitate and manage deployment of new fiber services in their assigned region, Americas, Asia, or Europe.
Day to Day handling of vendor deliverables (and vendor meetings) - handling demanding situations, keeping projects on track, ensuring that vendors meet standards and delivery times, resolving issues, working with internal staff and stakeholders, helping teams/vendors buy into and work towards common goals and deadlines.
As a Vendor Delivery Manager, you will need to be robust and resilient when a situation is difficult, time is crucial, decisions need to be made and contractual conflicts resolved.
Vendor Delivery Manager Responsibilities:
- Serve as the primary vendor contact for the delivery of long haul dark fiber, leased wavelengths, circuit adds, moves, changes and disconnects.
- Proficient in the reading & understanding of dark fiber and other service contracts, with the ability to act on the terms set out within the contract.
- The ability to drive vendors to remediate non-compliant/out of specification delivered fiber.
- Demonstrated organizational project tracking, communications & time management skills.
- Good understanding of interconnectivity requirements within carrier hotels. Knowledge of fiber characterization, fiber types, physical interfaces, connector types.
- Understanding of industry fiber cleaning procedures, radius bend and fiber running procedures, with knowledge of OTDR traces, optical insertion loss, & splicing.
- Proficient with laptop and window applications, managing multiple spreadsheets & documents. MS projects useful but not essential.
- Good telecommunication background, Fiber, DWDM, SDH, AC/DC Power, Site survey, Co-location, carrier hotels, meet me rooms.
- Communication of target completion dates.
Vendor Delivery Manager Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline or 5 years in a telecom related field.
- Minimum of 3 -5 years of technology related project management experience.
- Knowledge of Dark Fiber and Lit circuit delivery.
- Negotiation, project management, leadership, planning and time management skills.
- PRINCE 2 or any project management accreditation, and telecoms technical qualifications, specifically involving fiber.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.