|Location: Bristol||Salary: TBC ON APPLICATION|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Jack Pleon||Job Published: 13 days ago|
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Vehicle Engineer will include:
- Vehicle Support Team (VST) supports the full fleet of in-service vehicles.
- Light Weight Recovery Vehicle (LWRV) is an Urgent Capability Requirement (UCR) for Op NEWCOMBE. It is a Cat D project.
- Vehicle Support Team (VST) will meet requirement set by Army by modifying four in-service platforms (JACKAL 2) via the PMETS PDS (Post Design Service) contract with NP Aerospace (subcontracted to Supacat).
- Resource is required to support from design, validation and verification and all associated activity to meet Initial Operating Capability (IOC) which is defined as one in theatre, with a crew trained and resourced to maintain the platform, operating with an approved safety case and one for training by February 23 and Full Operating Capability (FOC) as one in theatre and one for High readiness. Must include full integration of ECM and BOWMAN and support solution by April 23. Overall VST will deliver four recovery vehicles.
- This project will require working closely with but not limited to NP Aerospace, Design Authority (Supacat), Army and wider MoD.
- It is envisaged that most of the work will be undertaken from home but there will be occasions where travel will be required in ABW for meetings (frequency may increase as COVID rules relax), in Andover at Army Head Quarters and various UK locations for meetings with contractors, trials etc.
- Engineer - The Engineer will provide analyses, technical advice, including technical assurance, engineering expertise and manage engineering processes to support in-service of pan platforms within VST.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Vehicle Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.