|Location: Chelmsford, Essex||Salary: £60000 - £65000 per annum|
|Sector: Financial Services||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Kelly Jempson||Job Published: 24 days ago|
Vice President - Finance needed at a dynamic electronic technology company based in Chelmsford.
The company is organised into four business divisions that are empowered and responsible for their performance, having the core resources required to achieve this within the division.
The controller role is a key role within the division responsible for the business partnering activities and Controller you are also expected to be a trusted adviser to the Divisional management team providing support in the key activities of the division including:
The successful Vice President - Finance main responsibilities include:
- Support for the approval of bids (commercial offers to customer), and investment proposals (development projects, capital expenditure and other cash commitments)
- Assistance in driving short term performance through assessing key accounting activities on projects, inventory and monetary working capital and preparation of performance reporting ranging from reporting to Group to product line support
- Responsibility for a small team of analysts within the division
- Preparation of the division's strategic plan, and its first year as the budget, to drive longer term growth success in this role will be though running a well preforming division and managing upwards to Finance leadership such that Finance function feels comfortable with the environment and performance of the division.
- This will require an individual with the breadth of experience in FP+A, project accounting and business support to provide the functional and business advice to the division along with the personal maturity to be an integral part of both the division and Group Finance in equal measure.
The individual is also a key member of the Group's Finance community and will therefore represent Finance within the division to ensure that the Group's policies, practices and standards for integrity are maintained. The individual has a strong dotted line report to Divisional President.
Skills and qualifications as a Vice President - Finance:
- Qualified Accountant
- Strong experience within the Finance function in an international organisation
- Experience of accounting for long term projects
- Proactive and can-do approach to work
- Team player who embraces change and possesses a continuous improvement mindset
- Detailed understanding of SAP and BPC would be an advantage
- Ability to work autonomously in the company
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
This is an exciting opportunity for the successful Vice President - Finance to join a developing company. If you are interested then apply or contact Kelly