|Location: Bristol||Salary: £45000 - £60000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits|
|Sector: Defence, Engineering, Safety||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ian Cowx|
My client has been a long-time supplier to the Government defence departments and offer an extensive range of expert engineering services which has led to the opportunity for others to join the team.
You will work with clients (both direct to MoD and major Industrial Partners) to provide weapons integration support throughout the lifecycle of their systems, from concept through to disposal. The majority of the work is focused on providing assurance that defence systems are safe to introduce into and remain in service, in line with regulatory and legal requirements.
This role will work across a wide variety of defence acquisition projects in maritime, land and air domains, ranging from small equipment items through to large and complex systems and platforms.
- You should have a degree in a relevant discipline (engineering) OR
- Work experience in a weapons integration or Technical Safety role in the UK defence industry.
- OME and Air System safety policy and design standards, particularly DSA 02-OME, Military Aviation Authority regulatory publications (MRP), Def ‑Stans 07-085 and 00-970 and POSMS.
- Client management / stakeholder engagement skills.
- Able to achieve MOD Security Clearance.
Additional desirable requirements:
- OME and Maritime System safety policy and design standards.
- Safety Case development and management within the weapon, maritime, land and air domains:
- Experience on Independent Safety Audit.
- Commercial awareness and appreciation of business development.
- Experience in a Consulting environment.
- Chartered Status.
- Capable of obtaining DV clearance
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.