|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Meg Easterbrook|
Systems Engineer with an expertise in Weapons needed for a multinational Defence organisation based in Bedfordshire who are looking to employ an experienced Systems Engineer with demonstrable knowledge and experience designing and integrating Complex Systems with a significant Software component, experience of systems engineering lifecycle through the life of a large scale systems development programme, ideally in the Command & Control domain, and the experience in the Verification and Validation lifecycle.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Weapons Specialist will include:
Large scale systems development of these types will be undertaken within a robust, agile, model-based systems engineering framework and the successful individual will correspondingly be required to demonstrate leadership, knowledge and experience in this regard.
The role requires a high calibre and proven individual with focused skills and experience of weapon systems within the domain in order to design, integrate and deliver a real system. The successful applicant will operate at the forefront of an expanding team, driving technical direction and developing junior staff.
The position is a challenging senior role requiring a talented individual who will be duly rewarded.
What you need to be the successful Weapons Specialist:
In order to be the successful Weapons Specialist and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience designing and integrating weapon systems within Complex Systems with a significant Software component.
- Proven work history as a systems engineer in a relevant industry
- Able to pass SC clearance.
Knowledge and experience of Weapons systems in order to be able to:
- Leading and delivering Complex Systems Programmes
- Work with potential suppliers to understand the benefits, performance and growth paths for their product
- Understand the impact of the Subsystems on overall system behaviour and performance
- Technically review and challenge suppliers on their products, reports and observed performance.
- Maintain currency on relevant STANAG/Mil-Std updates
- Understand nuances of system limitations and behaviours at system level.
- Undertake technical trade studies
- Derive, Develop and Manage an appropriate set of sub-system requirements and ICD for Subsystems
What the successful Weapons Specialist will receive:
Due to the nature of the client and role, we cannot disclose full salaries and package details at this time, however we are more than happy to disclose this information before your CV makes a formal application.
We can confirm the role pays an above average salary, plus a package that works well for someone who values career growth and an unrivalled work-life balance.
Please do call or apply if you want more information.
Please note that all applicants moving forward for this position must have obtained or be eligible for security clearance up to SC level.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Weapons Specialist to progress their career. Please do apply if you believe you are a good candidate for this role!
Meg Easterbrook at Gold Group 01342 330503
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.