|Location: London, England||Salary: £35000 - £55000 per annum|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Sean Tierney||Job Published: 15 days ago|
Gold Group are partnered with a leading engineering consultancy to employ their new Wind Farm Assets Specialist.
Please note that this role could be based at any of our UK Offices, depending on your preference.
Our Renewables Technology group supports developers, operators, OEMs and third party suppliers globally; we are growing and we need you. This is a great opportunity to join a fast growing part of our business and have a genuine impact on the direction of travel.
As an Assets Specialist you will be responsible for:
- Delivering high quality technical analysis of wind farm operational data
- Reviewing business cases and site performance against those business cases
- Performing root cause analyses and defining roadmaps for corrective actions
- Helping clients execute change management
- Managing projects in accordance with our ISO-9001 accredited processes and acting as technical lead
- Mentoring and advising junior members of staff
- Reviewing and approving technical deliverables
- Helping shape our service development plans and strategies to maximise the value we provide to the global market
- Developing new business by representing at conferences, seminars and prospective client meetings
- Responding to enquiries and writing bids
Our projects are very diverse and can last from a few weeks to many years of sustained support. You will typically be involved with multiple projects at any one time. You will meet and communicate with customers to understand their requirements and develop your project plan to deliver the desired outcomes and insights.
You will be based within our offices in the UK, but there are opportunities for travel to engage with customers, including within Europe and Asia.
The successful applicant will meet the following minimum requirements:
- Master's Degree in Engineering, Physics, Applied Mathematics or related discipline
- Have demonstrable experience of supporting wind farm owners and operators throughout the asset lifecycle. This could include experience in the analysis of operational data, developing business cases, reviewing yield data against forecasts and conducting root cause analyses to diagnose and correct for under performance.
- Track record of delivery of commercial projects
- Be a strong team player but with the ability to work under minimal supervision
- Proactive personality
It is to your advantage if you meet any or all the following additional requirements:
- Relevant Post-graduate Degree
- Have Chartered Engineer status
- Knowledge of some coding/scripting tools, (e.g. Matlab or Python)
- Business development experience
- Experience of working with clients
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.