|Location: North Tyneside||Salary: £20000 - £25000 per annum|
|Sector: Power & Utilities||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Hannah Baker||Job Published: 15 days ago|
1st Line Support / Service Desk Engineer
1st Line Support / Service Desk Engineer required in North Tyneside for a well-known multinational utility company. You need to have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of Networking configurations LAN/WAN. As 1st Line Support / Service Desk Engineer you will draw on your extensive experience of troubleshooting and using remote access tools to provide solutions across all levels of user.
The successful 1st Line Support / Service Desk Engineer will need to have excellent telephone manner, faultless communication skills and a strong ability to quickly understand user issues in order to provide efficient resolution.
- 24 day's holiday
- Pension Plan
- Career Progression
Some of the main duties of the 1st Line Support / Service Desk Engineer will include:
- Provision of 1st line support, including retaining end to end ownership and resolution of calls
- Provide remote and onsite support to staff over all office's, escalating any issues as required
- Act as a single point of IT contact for all users, taking ownership of issues to ensure they are resolved
- Provide proactive incident management in line with the ITIL framework
- Monitoring the escalation of any problems and liaising with IT services to ensure service is resumed
What experience you need to be the successful 1st Line Support / Service Desk Engineer:
- 5 GCSE at Grade C or above including English and Maths (or equivalent)
- Knowledge of Microsoft EUC based operating systems
- Demonstratable knowledge Outlook email support
- Experience of managing shared file storage including access controls
- Understanding of Networking configurations LAN/WAN
- Experience of troubleshooting and using remote access tools
- Good knowledge of ITIL / awareness of ISO20000\27000
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a 1st Line Support / Service Desk Engineer to quickly progress their career in service desk support. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.