|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Meg Easterbrook|
2nd Line Desktop Support Engineer
2nd Line Desktop Support Engineer Desktop needed for global defence company.
The successful 2nd Line Desktop Support Engineer will work within a team of 6 in Bedford, where culture and environment is of utmost importance, therefore the new support engineer must be a good fit for the office and team.
This is an urgent role, with interviews taking place on the 3rd of October. If you cannot make this date, please call along with your application and we can try and find another suitable date for you.
Some of the main duties of the 2nd Line Desktop Support Engineer will include:
- Providing day-to-day 2nd Line technical support, responding to incident and service requests from customers by telephone, email and monitoring system alerts.
- Take ownership of technical issues and see incidents through to successful resolution
- Using ticketing system to respond to IT issues
- Also working on project work.
- Maintain and support iOS devices, phones, computers, tablets, printers and hardware.
- Excellent troubleshooting and fault-finding skills
- Good customer service skills
- Good telephone manner, typing and grammar
- Communicate with customers as required - keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
- Good knowledge of supporting MS Office applications.
- There will be travel between sites, so a driving license is required.
In order to be the successful 2nd Line Desktop Support Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following skills:
- Extensive experience supporting MS Windows
- Experience supporting MS Office
- At least 2 years' previous IT support experience.
- Experience working on a ticketing system.
- MUST have a Full UK Driving License + own transport.
- Must be able to pass SC clearance
- Competitive salary dependant on experience
- Opportunity to progress
- Working in a friendly and exciting office
- Permanent package benefits
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a 2nd Line Desktop Support Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as the closing date for applications is September 25th 2019.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.