|Location: Bedford, Bedfordshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Meg Easterbrook|
2nd Line Desktop Support Engineer
2nd Line Desktop Support Engineer Desktop needed for global defence company, expanding their team.
The successful 2nd Line Desktop Support Engineer will work within a team of 6 in Bedford, where culture and environment is of utmost importance, therefore the new support engineer must be a good fit for the office and team.
In return for your hard work and attitude, you will be rewarded with a great work-life balance, generous salary and unrivalled package
Some of the main duties of the 2nd Line Desktop Support Engineer will include:
- Providing day-to-day 2nd Line technical support, responding to incident and service requests from customers by telephone, email and monitoring system alerts.
- Taking ownership of technical issues and seeing incidents through to successful resolution
- Using ticketing system to respond to IT issues
- Also working on project work.
- Maintaining and supporting iOS devices, phones, computers, tablets, printers and hardware.
- Excellent troubleshooting and fault-finding skills needed.
- Communicate with customers as required - keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
- Good knowledge of supporting MS Office applications as there will be daily use of applications
In order to be the successful 2nd Line Desktop Support Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following skills:
- Extensive experience supporting MS Windows
- Experience as IT helpdesk or desktop support experience.
- Basic knowledge of ITIL framework is desirable but not essential
- Experience supporting MS Office
- Good Customer Service Skills
- At least 2 years' previous IT support experience.
- Experience working on a ticketing system.
- Experience of Active Directory administration
- Knowledge of BMC Remedy is desired but not essential.
- MUST have a Full UK Driving License + own transport for travel to site. Any work related travel will be expensed or given use of company vehicle.
- Must be able to pass SC clearance
- Competitive salary (confirmed on first contact)
- Opportunity to progress
- Working in a friendly and exciting office
- Great work-life balance with flexi working hours.
- Permanent package benefits
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a 2nd Line Desktop Support Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible by clicking 'Apply Now!' or calling Meg Easterbrook on 01342 330503
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.