|Location: Epsom, Surrey||Salary: £30000 - £35000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Gautam Raval|
2nd Line Support Engineer
My financial services client based in Surrey are recruiting for an 2nd Line Support Engineer with 5 years commercial experience within 2nd Line Support / Windows 7 / Windows 10 / Windows Server 2008/2012 / Security / VLAN / Cisco / VOIP.
2nd Line Support Engineer you will receive the following benefits:
- 22 days holiday + 8 Bank Holiday (Holidays increase to 27, 1 additional day per year worked)
- Healthy contributed pension
- Access to a number of financial based products
- Dress down Fridays
2nd Line Support Engineer Responsibilities:
The role is varied, assisting with the completion of allocated 2nd Line Support and Security Operations activities.
Providing 2nd Line Support, general operating support to users, system housekeeping and security to the business in relation to its software, infrastructure, personal and other computerised facilities.
2nd Line Support Engineer Essential Skills
- 5 + years' experience in in an IT Service role in Help Desk 1st and/or 2nd line support
- Experience of working with Windows 7 &10 and Windows Server 2008/2012 (multiple versions) trouble shooting
- Experience with Help Desk technology
- Exposure to securities operations
- Understanding of network topology VLAN's etc (experience of working with Cisco switches)
- Experience with Software Licensing
- Ability to prioritise workload effectively
- Working knowledge of supporting a VOIP telephony system.
- A keen attention to detail
- Calm and efficient under pressure
- Ability to resolve issue independently and as part of a team
- Able to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels
- The ability to respond to enquiries promptly and accurately