|Location: West Sussex||Salary: £34000.00 - £38000.00 per annum|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms, Technology||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Olly Nixon|
3rd Line IT Support Engineer
3rd Line IT Support Engineer needed for an industry leading IT Solutions organisation based in West Sussex who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded 3rd Line Engineer that takes pride in their work. As part of the Service Desk, provide 3rd line support and excellent customer service in the
areas of; IT, including Office 365, Windows Server, Desktop Support, Networking, and
The successful candidate would desirably have a relevant degree or equivalent professional experience and have a keen interest in IT & Telecoms. If you have experience with Mac OS X, Linux & Android, that would be a plus!
Salary: £34,000 - £38,000 per annum
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the 3rd Line IT Support Engineer will include:
- Manage tickets assigned and ensure system is organised and up to date.
- Answer the phone within the agreed target time and as a minimum, to meet any agreed personal call targets.
- To diagnose, log, action and follow through to resolution all faults and requests, including escalations whilst keeping the customer informed of progress. Be able to identify when a fault cannot be fixed remotely and route straight into Field Engineering Co-ordinator for booking.
- To work with the Technical Lead on any handover from projects to operations.
- To fully investigate root cause issues and resolve accordingly.
- To update your line manager on any outstanding faults or that have breached their SLT, in a timely manner.
- To adhere and contribute to the company's quality system and processes, and their maintenance.
- Actively contribute to and promote the use of best practice and continual service improvement within the team.
- Contribute to the success of the service operations department and the company.
What experience you need to be the successful 3rd Line IT Support Engineer:
- Previous experience within an IT Support role, working at a 3rd line or equivalent level, where proven to be highly capable.
- Excellent working knowledge of Windows Desktop (7,8,10)
- Extensive experience with troubleshooting Outlook and Office products.
- Experience with third party application support including Sage and other accounting software, SQL based products and o broad knowledge of mainstream third party applications.
- Excellent working knowledge of Active Directory, Exchange, Office 365, Group Policy, DNS, Network domains, backup solutions, virtualization, firewalls and routers.
- Experience with troubleshooting printers, MFP's and deployment.
- Troubleshooting general PC and network issues
- Excellent telephone manner and ability to diagnose faults over the phone
- Strong customer service skills
- Organised and able to work autonomously or as part of a bigger team
- Experience Backup solutions experience including Veeam, Symantec, WSB, Attix or StorageCraft
- Experience with Meraki and/or SonicWall firewalls
- Experience with Data, Broadband, Ethernet circuits.
- Extensive experience supporting and managing server technology including Hyper V, VMware, Windows Server & SANs.
- Strong Networking knowledge ideally including Meraki, HPE or Cisco.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a 3rd Line Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.