|Location: Redhill, Surrey, England||Salary: £50000 - £55000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Gautam Raval|
My client is a leading software house in the Redhill area who are looking to recruit an AIX Administrator to join a busy team of 5.
As an AIX Administrator you will have solid experience of looking after IBM hardware as well looking after a small AIX estate's of power servers.
As an AIX Administrator you will receive the following benefits:
- 25 days' holiday, rising to 27 days depending on length of service
- Relaxed and friendly working environment with flexible working conditions, subject to role and business needs;
- Free onsite parking;
- Private Pension Scheme;
- Private Medical Health Care for employees and their families (after completion of probationary period)
- Ride to work scheme
- Support from some of the best software developers in the UK and unparalleled market knowledge
- Exposure to an impressive client list across the Utilities sector
- Organic fruit, snacks, cola and Ice cream in abundance!
- Generous company contribution towards monthly team social activities
- Working hours are 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday working between 08:30 and 18:30 (generally 09:00 - 17:30) with one hour for lunch, based in Redhill (3 days onsite / 2 days WFH)
AIX Administartor Responsibilties:
- AIX Administrator, to be responsible for the day to day operations of approximately 40 LPARS consisting production, DR and test instances.
- Experience in supporting IBM AIX 7 and IBM Power server technologies in a business infrastructure environment is a must as is systems management using IBM virtualisation technologies (VIO). NIM would be useful but not essential.
- Practice of administering and supporting multiple systems in a complex and distributed environment, including the day-to-day management of resources and issues including experience of using monitoring tools.
- The ability of install and support Oracle RDBMS and Application Servers (specifically Forms and Reports) would be highly desirable.
- Any working knowledge and experience of relevant scripting or automation practices in an enterprise environment would be advantageous.
- Experience of performance management, capacity planning and reporting techniques against business-critical systems.
- Experience of supporting Microsoft server technologies is desirable.
- Demonstrates positive behaviours, shows ownership and responsibility of tasks to completion with good communication skills.
AIX Administrator Essential Skills:
- Experience of VIO installation, administration and patching
- Experience of AIX installation, administration and patching
- Experience of IBM Power Server installation, administration and firmware flashing
- Experience IBM hardware firmware upgrades and
- Experience of production of high-quality documentation to company standards
- Understanding security within the context of the role
- Experience of task automation/system monitoring via scripting
- Excellent communication skills via verbal, non-verbal and written correspondence.
- Oracle RDBMS administration
- Oracle Application Server administration
- Experience of dealing with external or internal customers
- Degree educated in a computing-based degree or equivalent work experience
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.