|Location: Weymouth||Salary: Rate on Application|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Nick Taylor||Job Published: about 1 month ago|
Analyst (Maritime/Sonar) needed for a leading defence engineering organisation based in Weymouth who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Analyst that takes pride in their work.
The successful candidate would desirably have a relevant degree in Engineering, Physics or Mathematics and have a keen interest in signals analysis, acoustics and sonar. If you have commercial experience within defence, maritime or aviation/aerospace that would be a plus!
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Analyst (Maritime/Sonar) will include:
- Developing sonar/acoustics processing algorithms based on the application of established digital signal processing approaches
- Selecting appropriate algorithmic techniques based upon performance requirements developed with the system design team from the customer specification
- Developing algorithms with implementation in mind (segmentation/simplification/parallelisation)
- Documenting algorithm specification and design decisions/implications/discussions
- Supporting the implementation, debugging and verification of algorithms in software, including the generation of appropriate test data
Performance Modelling, Design Trade-offs and Product Development
- Modelling algorithm performance under a wide range of realistic underwater conditions
- Modelling sonar/acoustic performance against customer requirements for the inclusion in bid responses
- Quantifying the impact of Sonar System Design decisions to the Sonar System performance, hence guiding cost effective approaches to this decision making process.
- Developing ideas for new approaches to Sonar products to improve their capability individually and collectively embracing new technologies or approaches
Support to Trials
- Analysing Trials data, assessing against system performance requirements
- Reporting on Trails Data analysis drawing clear conclusions on both the success of the trials and the sonar system against its performance requirements
- Report to project/product development teams on progress of assigned work packages
- To provide in-feed to design reviews and at customer presentations
- Mentoring junior analysts within the business
What experience you need to be the successful Analyst (Maritime/Sonar):
- Hold a relevant Bachelor's (higher degree preferred) in Physics, Mathematics;
- Ideally some experience in one of the following areas, with exposure to the others:
- Digital Signal Processing Algorithm Definition
- Trials Data Analysis
- Performance Prediction Modelling
- Performance Requirement interpretation and analysis
- Experience in communicating complicated topics clearly and concisely to expert and non-expert audiences
- Proficient in the use of mathematic/scientific modelling tools e.g. MATLAB
- Experience of being able to set and meet deadlines
- Hold or be capable of achieving Security Clearance (SC)
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an Analyst (Maritime/Sonar) to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
In order to apply for this role, applicants must be eligible to undergo and obtain a high level of UK Security Clearance.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.