|Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire||Salary: £40000 - £50000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Alii Thorogood|
Application Lead (BigFix / Tivoli)
Application Lead needed for a multinational defence organisation based near Portsmouth who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Application lead that takes pride in their work with an in-depth knowledge of the IBM BigFix tool, and monitoring strategies.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in system solutions monitoring and good experience using the IBM BigFix Tool / Tivoli.
- Up to £50,000 per annum (DOE)
- Flexible working
- Competitive pension schemes
Some of the main duties of the Application Lead will include:
- Accountable for the management, integration, design and operational usage of the systems solutions monitoring portfolio
- Work as a collaborative part of the Systems Solutions Infrastructure team, with responsibility for ensuring quality, integration and management of the application and monitoring toolsets
- Provide technical expertise in the design and development of Application and Monitoring Portfolio
- Develop Monitoring strategies covering multiple customer programme needs.
- Provide toolset support to operational and 3rd line application support teams.
- Model application operational environments, assisting with the identification and resolution of systems and performance problems.
- Management of monitoring toolset rules, including integration to 3rd party systems.
- Provide Technical toolset leadership for Infrastructure Team activities
- Support the Infrastructure and Security Architect
- Identify and implement improvements within the application and monitoring toolset
- Work with operational and 3rd line support staff to facilitate toolset Knowledge Sharing and Skills development.
What experience you need to be the successful Application Lead:
- Minimum 5+ years' experience designing, implementing, and supporting complex IT environments
- 2+ years of experience configuring and administering the IBM BigFix tool
- Experience of BigFIX patching and software distribution tooling
- Experience in troubleshooting and diagnosing hardware and software problems
- In-depth knowledge and operational support experience of technical infrastructure
- Experience with Application and monitoring toolset integration to ITSM platform
- Experience of performance monitoring and tuning within complex IT environments
- Strong analytical skills with ability to investigate issues, diagnose root cause
- IBM Certified Associate Administrator - BigFix Compliance V9.5 preferred
- Familiarity with the ITIL, Agile, and DevOps processes and techniques
- Knowledge and operational experience of any of the following technologies would be advantageous:
- Database (including Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL, SQL*Plus, stored procedures)
- AIX (including HACMP, HMC, CSM, NIM, VIO)
- MS-Windows Server
- Tivoli Enterprise Management solutions
- IBM Spectrum Protect
- SolarWinds NPM, SAM platform
- Hornbill Service Management platform
- ServiceNow Service Management Platform
- Server, Network and Disk Hardware Platforms
MUST BE ELIGIBLE FOR SC CLEARANCE
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an Application Lead to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.