|Location: Bedfordshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering, Technology||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Zak Mendoza|
Assembler / Fitter
Assembler / Fitter needed for an industry recognised Aerospace organisation based in Bedfordshire who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Assembler / Fitter that takes pride in their work with time served as a fully skilled engineer/toolmaker in the role of a metal model maker, solid understanding (at least foundation level) of other MMC skills such as EDM wiring and plunge, turning, jig boring, grinding and CNC machining and experienced in the effective and efficient bench fitting of components, sub-assemblies and assemblies.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Assembler / Fitter will include:
- Carry out all aspects of fitting activity (hand working surfaces to remove machine marks, blending component joint lines to remove steps/gaps, fitting precision components and assembling models, installing pressure tubing) as directed by the Fitting Section TL and/or Leading Hand.
- Monitor the serviceability of Fitting Section machines, equipment and tooling, and report potential problems to the Fitting Section TL.
- When on shifts, ensure a safe and timely handover of the work in progress to the incoming shift and TL, ensuring that adequate notes and technical advice are available.
- Make recommendations for process improvement in Fitting techniques, where appropriate, to the Fitting Section TL.
- Observe company Quality Standards and Health and Safety procedures.
- Undertake additional metal model making as requested by the Fitting Section Team Leader or MMC Team Leader, from time to time.
What experience you need to be the successful Assembler / Fitter:
- A time served, fully skilled engineer/toolmaker in the role of a metal model maker.
- Solid understanding (at least foundation level) of other MMC skills such as EDM wiring and plunge, turning, jig boring, grinding and CNC machining.
- Experienced in the effective and efficient bench fitting of components, sub-assemblies and assemblies.
- Self-motivated and keen to develop engineering skills to full potential.
- Willing to mentor and coach less experienced staff.
- Flexible and positive attitude, willing to go the extra mile to ensure deadlines are met.
- High attention to detail.
- Drive and commitment to improve own skills, and be receptive to new ideas and ways of working.
- Can-do attitude to overcoming technical problems as soon as they arise.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an Assembler / Fitter to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
*Please note that eligibility for UK security clearance up to SC level is required for the Assembler / Fitter position*
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.