|Location: Wimborne, Dorset||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Nuclear||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Bradley Lamb||Job Published: 17 days ago|
Engineering / Electronics
We currently have an exciting new opportunity to join a globally recognised electronics company who are based in Wimborne, Dorset.
They are currently looking for an Assembly Manager to join their manufacturing team, focusing on providing right first time manufactured/repaired items in line with agreed budget, schedule and quality requirements.
All candidates for this Assembly Manager position must be eligible for SC Security Clearance.
Benefits for this position:
- 25 days' holiday
- Flexible working
- Early finish Friday
- Pension scheme
- Sports and Social Clubs
Key Responsibilities for Assembly Manager:
- To ensure Production team deliverables are identified and managed ensuring that commitments are delivered to the required cost, quality and schedule.
- Generation and support of manufacturing metrics to be agreed with the Manufacturing Manager and Business Unit manager.
- Provide real-time information to both the Operations /Project Managers and Production Leads regarding delivery, highlighting any potential risks to the output schedule and pro-actively recommending any work-around opportunities.
- Assessing and managing the team's forecasted load to assist management of project conflicts and to inform resource decision-making.
- Quality of all assembly and repair output - focusing on right first time manufacture.
- Ensuring all manufacturing processes are followed, including identification of those which are incorrect and ensuring the relevant parties are aware for future correction.
- Maintaining adequate skills and SQEP levels within the team.
- The coordination and compilation of quotations/estimates in support of bids for the assembly and repair functions.
- To assist in key make/buy and unit of measure decisions with the team to maximise value and profitability.
- Managing and maintaining health and safety requirements within the production environment e.g. risk assessments, COSHH checks.
- Ensuring the production area is maintained with a good standard or housekeeping and cleanliness - 6S principles.
- Line manager to Production team members and apprentices, including coaching and supporting their development needs.
Skills and Qualifications Required:
- Previous experience in production and management is essential.
- Familiar with RoHS legislation, six sigma and lean principles.
- Experience of an electronics manufacturing environment (nuclear, defence or aerospace manufacturing environment desirable) and an understanding of systems such as ISO-9001, OHSAS 18001, ISO-9001 and NQA-1.
- Must be methodical and organised and approach all tasks in a systematic, process-orientated manner at a high level of detail.
- Highly motivated to succeed, with the ability to manage / influence others, as required, in order to positively influence their performance and achieve targets.
- Excellent time management and task prioritisation skills are essential with the ability to juggle various tasks.
- Strong computer user, proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook and Visio are necessary).
- Experience working with an ERP/MRP system.
To apply for this exciting Assembly Manager position, please press 'apply now'!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.