|Location: Bedfordshire||Salary: £30000 - £33500.00 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Patrick Spurle||Job Published: 23 days ago|
We are looking for a competent Assembly Technician capable of electrical and mechanical assembly and integration of complex vehicle systems working from drawings and engineering instructions. The role involves safe use of all hand and air tools, jigs, fixtures, and measuring tools on precision assemblies. You will be a problem solver with a positive attitude, working methodically and precisely with support from the engineering group to ensure successful completion of production tasks on high-value hardware.
- Salary up to £33,500.00
- 25 day's holidays plus bank holiday
- Pension Plan
- 4 x Flex (every Friday off)
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Assembly Technician will include:
- Electrical and Mechanical Assembly: Assemble and integrate complex vehicle systems based on drawings and engineering instructions. This involves both electrical and mechanical components, requiring a high level of technical proficiency.
- Tool Usage: Safely and competently use all hand and air tools necessary for the assembly process. This includes the use of jigs, fixtures, and measuring tools on precision assemblies.
- Problem Solving: Demonstrate a positive attitude and problem-solving skills. Address challenges that arise during the assembly process, ensuring a methodical and precise approach to overcome obstacles.
- Quality and Performance Testing: Perform quality and performance testing on assembled vehicles. Complete setups and conduct testing procedures to ensure the vehicles meet the required standards.
- Working with Support: Collaborate with the engineering group and other support functions. Seek assistance and guidance when needed, ensuring a successful completion of production tasks on high-value hardware.
- Attention to Detail: Maintain extreme attention to detail throughout the assembly process. Self-inspect work to identify and mitigate any quality defects, ensuring the final product meets the required specifications.
- Compliance and Safety: Adhere to "clean as you go," 6S (Sort, Set in order, Shine, Standardize, Sustain, Safety), FOD (Foreign Object Debris), and Tool control programs. Maintain a very high level of health and safety awareness, ensuring a safe working environment for yourself and your colleagues.
- Communication: Liaise effectively with the test support and engineering functions. Maintain excellent communication skills, both listening and verbal, to coordinate tasks and resolve issues efficiently.
- Teamwork: Be a strong team player, able to take direction well and collaborate effectively with colleagues. Work harmoniously within a team environment, contributing to the overall success of the assembly process.
- Adaptability: Be flexible to work overtime, modified schedules, or non-standard shifts as required by the operational needs of the company. Demonstrate adaptability and a willingness to accommodate changing work requirements.
- Continuous Improvement: Pursue perfection through continual improvement. Identify areas for enhancement in the assembly process and actively participate in initiatives to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
What experience you need to be the successful Assembly Technician:
- Comprehensive experience in vehicle assembly testing, preferably with larger vehicles such as aircraft, helicopters, military vehicles, or armoured fighting vehicles.
- Ability to complete setups, perform quality and performance testing, and work from written instructions with limited supervision.
- Proficiency in using hand tools and measuring equipment with high accuracy.
- Ability to liaise with test support and engineering functions, demonstrating attention to detail and self-inspecting work to ensure quality defects are mitigated.
- Experience in a manufacturing setting with a complete understanding of "clean as you go"/6S/FOD/Tool control programs.
- Recognized apprenticeship in mechanical/electrical assembly/test or equivalent work experience.
- High level of health and safety awareness, ability to work well in a team, maintain composure in high-pressure situations, and excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an Assembly Technician to progress their career. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so do not miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.