|Location: Dorset, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Alex Spraggett|
Assistant Project Manager
Assistant Project Manager needed for a leading Aerospace and Defence organisation based in Dorset who are looking to employ an Assistant Project Manager with an in-depth knowledge of project management/administration, a good understanding of project planning, scheduling, estimation, tracking, status reporting, risk and configuration management in the Aerospace and Defence industries.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Assistant Project Manager will include:
- Responsible for providing project administration support to assigned programmes, product groups and/or functional groups
- Work in accordance with published Project/Programme Management processes and guidelines
- Support the maintenance of project data in PM tools
- Production and maintenance of the required programme, product group, system, sub -system or equipment work package related reporting data.
- Analyse data, explain trends and highlight potential issues
- Provide supporting data to explain variances when required.
- Facilitate meetings and reviews when required.
- Develop reporting output from the project and work package risk registers.
- Manage the project SharePoint Areas.
- Provide the resource related data for the Resource Council.
What you need to be the successful Assistant Project Manager:
In order to be the successful Assistant Project Manager and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Previous project management/administration experience
- Experience in the production of reporting data for projects.
- APM Introductory Certificate or PMI CAPM advantageous
- Computer literate and in particular: -
- MS Excel & MS Project advanced level
- MS PowerPoint & MS SharePoint intermediate level
- Experience of an integrated Project Management System such as MS Project Server would be an advantage.
- Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an Assistant Project Manager to progress in their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Please note that all applicants moving forward for the Assistant Project Manager position must have obtained or be eligible for Security Clearance up to SC level.