|Location: Glasgow||Salary: Package|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jeremy Farley|
Job Title: Assistant Technical Authority - Power & Propulsion
Salary: £DOE + Package
Key Skills: Electrical, Mechanical, Sub-Systems, Power, Propulsion, Surface Fleet, Maritime, Navy, Royal Navy, Marine, Systems, Design, Integration, Test, Risk
An experienced Technical Authority is required to play a key role in being the subject matter expert for Power and Propulsion in either Electrical or Mechanical sub-systems. You will support the Platform Technical Authority (TA) with the design, development and integration of the allocated P&P electrical or mechanical sub-systems working with specialist multi-disciplinary teams, resolving system technical issues and providing technical assessment and risk mitigation where required.
So, what will you be doing as an Assistant Technical Authority - Power & Propulsion?
- Supporting the Platform TA to ensure that Engineering policies and plans are known and understood by the P&P Delivery team in accordance with the lifecycle management governance and company requirements
- Conducting technical analysis and investigations into complex problems, issues and opportunities arising in the P&P System area to provide clear conclusions, implications and recommend a solution
- Supporting in the technical management of P&P (sub) System Suppliers, including design reviews
- Supporting the Zonal Review programme leading to final compartment approval
- Leading on resolution of key P&P (sub) System Technical issues
- Conducting Technical risk assessment and mitigation
- Supporting the Platform TA in achieving certification and with Governance presentations and deliverables
- Supporting to deliver the P&P sub-System Certificate of Design
- Producing Technical Reports resulting from directed Technical Investigations
What are we looking for in our next Assistant Technical Authority - Power & Propulsion?
- Degree or equivalent qualification or experience in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering/Electromechanical Engineering
- Knowledge of Power & Propulsion System design processes and inter-relationships
- Knowledge and experience in the development and integration of Power and Propulsion mechanical or electrical equipment
- Knowledge of Lloyds regulations with strong Understanding of Safety evaluation and legislation
My client is keen to get this position filled ASAP, so if you feel you have the skills and desire to provide passion and drive as the next Assistant Technical Authority - Power & Propulsion, this is the opportunity for you!
So, if you are interested in joining a well-established, renowned, globally recognised organisation working with experts in their field as the next Assistant Technical Authority - Power & Propulsion, hit that apply button now!
Security Clearance (SC) or eligibility to gain is required to be considered for this vacancy
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.