|Location: London||Salary: + Benefits|
|Sector: Civil Engineering & Infrastructure||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Adrienne Kettlewell||Job Published: 23 days ago|
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Principal/Associate level Fire Safety Engineer to join either our London office or our Manchester office, to play a key role in the delivery of fire safety engineering design services across a variety of sectors including healthcare, education, retail, commercial and tall buildings.
In this role, you will take responsibility for the design of fire safety engineering solutions including:
- Feasibility Studies for master-planning and concept design stages
- Fire Safety Strategies to ensure early approval from authorities
- Advanced Fire Safety Design to demonstrate fire safety engineering compliance
- Fire Strategy Drawings for more detailed designs
- Expert advice and support during the Statutory Approval and construction process
- Evacuation Strategies and modelling software
- Smoke Management and modelling software
- Structural Fire Engineering
- Optimisation of Fire Safety Systems
- Fire Risk Management and Assessment
- Fire Investigation
The successful candidate will also assist with the preparation of fee proposal documents and fee calculations, monitor and manage resourcing requirements for projects, as well as review and verify designs produced by other team members, providing feedback as required and signing off designs.
Your role will be crucial to the successful delivery of innovative design solutions for some of the most exciting building projects in the UK and internationally, and you will take ownership and responsibility for training and mentoring more junior members of the team.
Educated to degree level in a related discipline and either a Chartered engineer or already working towards chartership, you will have gained substantial relevant experience in Fire Safety Engineering design within a building services context and have proven your technical understanding in relevant design software.
Having gained practical experience in working to British Standard, NFPA, IBC, IFC and Performance-based design approach, you understand the role of fire safety engineering for the built environment and have a passion for providing excellence in fire safety engineering design.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.