|Location: Royal Tunbridge Wells||Salary: £70000 - £75000 per annum + bonus and benefits|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Sam Francis||Job Published: 19 days ago|
Azure Devops Engineer
£70,000-£75,000 + benefits:
* Bonus Scheme linked to yours and the company's performance
* Pension scheme with employer contributions as well as your own
* Life assurance 10x reference salary
* 25 days holiday, increasing to 28 days based on length of service
* Open to a discussion about flexible working
* Access to MAX Benefits where you enjoy cashback and discounts on thousands of retails, holidays and purchases.
* Flex benefits such as holiday purchase, dental care, bikes for work.
* Discount on all Insurance products, including car, home and travel insurance, breakdown cover & healthcare.
* Investment in Professional Qualifications.
* 50% off Pure Gym membership.
* 3 Days Volunteering/Charity Days
* Free live online fitness classes (Yoga, HIIT, Thai Chi and more)
* 24/7 mental wellbeing support (through Thrive app)
* Dedicated financial support
We have some exciting opportunities in our digital transformation programme. We are looking for dynamic Azure Platform DevOps Engineers to be responsible for driving our journey to the Cloud by utilizing knowledge and experience to identify and implement reliability patterns and best practice across our delivery teams as they move towards the Cloud through automation.
You will drive our Cloud transformation journey, safely, efficiently and effectively in order to drive continuous improvements in our Agile Application Lifecycle Management processes, with a focus on business outcomes, through automation and improved release management
Your key accountabilities will be:
- Drive the deployment and release processes and tooling improvement in an Agile environment including:
- Continuous Integration Build Automation
- Test Driven Development in .NET and SQL Server
- Business Driven Development
- Measuring technical debt and quality.
- Gathering evidence in production
- Develop and support solutions to manage and automate our development, test and production environments to improve the customer value flow.
- Assist with planning, proving and adoption of Azure public cloud
- Provide Systems administration and operational support to development teams:
- Environments Infrastructure and platform build and configuration
- Performance testing and post production monitoring
- Pro-active capacity management and scaling
- OS, platform and Security patching
- Ensure components re developed in line with strategic target architecture both from an application design and Infrastructure/platform perspective
- Identify opportunities for improving methods, processes and use of toolsets.
- Demonstrate Innovations through prototyping and POC work.
- Identify causes of production issues, implement fixes perform root cause analysis
- Identify opportunities to automate common processes and implement automation tools
The ideal candidate will have;
- Experience working with C# & .NET Framework/.NET Core
- Strong Agile Development methodology experience
- Strong experience and knowledge of Automation tools and Continuous Delivery techniques and ability to implement these into new environments
- Passion for development best practices and good understanding of Azure best practice design principles including HA and DR patterns.
- Expertise in Microsoft Azure and Microsoft Azure DevOps
- Ability to use technology like Docker, Powershell, Active Directory, SQL Server
- Experienced at coding for Infrastructure and platform build across IaaS/PaaS/SaaS
- Up to date knowledge of current and emerging technologies and trends in the Azure space
- Experience working with source control (Git)
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Highly organised and excellent time management skills
- Ability to learn quickly.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.