|Location: Harlow, Essex||Salary: £40000 - £45000 per annum|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ashleigh Hicks|
£40,000 - £45,000
We have an excellent opportunity to work for one of the leading engineering and construction companies in the UK.
Our client is looking for a Bid Writer within the build sector to come and join an expanding business in Harlow.
For this role you will be working closely with the proposals and bid teams, you will write, re-write, proof-read and sub-edit content to a high standard and take responsibility for the management of proposal documents, sales collateral such as brochures and other relevant documents.
You'll also be working with internal and external teams to produce first class written submissions, this will include writing sections from scratch, from interviews or proof reading and correcting documents produced by others. Provide detailed written material for work-winning PQQs and tenders.
Key Responsibilities for the Bid Writer:
To represent the company in the delivery of PQQs and tenders. To receive instruction on behalf of the company and to issue instruction and provide direction in order to ensure the successful delivery of PQQs and tenders assigned to the Bid Writer by the respective Bid Manager, Proposals Manager, Preconstruction Director and Business Development Director.
- Producing persuasive written material
- Working with bid teams to identify project objectives
- Meeting with and interviewing key stakeholders regarding content for the proposals
- Writing technical content for the proposals and sales collateral
- Proof-reading / sub-editing and re-writing content
- Assisting with the preparation of presentations and other documents
- Researching and creating news stories for projects / individuals
- Keeping up to date library of model answers
- Producing and updating project profiles
Experience and Qualifications:
A degree in Journalism or Copywriting is desirable. However, someone with a proven track record / expertise bid writing within the construction sector will also be considered.
You must possess the following skills:
- Good working knowledge of InDesign
- Proven IT and desk top publishing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent literacy and presentation skills
- Ability to juggle workload and deliver multiple priorities within demanding timescales
- Ability to continually improve the quality of work sent out by the company
- Copywriting training / experience
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.