|Location: Bristol, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Meg Easterbrook|
Bids and Proposals Manager
I am looking for a Bids and Proposals Manager to join a defence company on a 6-month contract in Bristol.
The position is due to run for 6 months and ideally start this side of Christmas.
Key Responsibilities of the Bids and Proposals Manager
To manage external and internal changes for major programmes within the naval/defence industries, including associated bid activity.
- Leading bid activity for changes on current contracts
- Negotiating changes with customers and being point of contact for customers.
- Writing and maintaining Change Management Plans, ensuring team are familiar with and adhering to big/change processes
- Preparing metrics for change.
- Leading, writing and collating change proposals.
- Instructing the project team when a change is agreed and when it is ready to move ahead.
- Determining resource requirements for changes
- Leading regular stand-ups for bid activity.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience of the Bids and Proposals Manager
- Previous experience - strong background in bids and proposals management.
- Working within a defence/naval company, so you understand the complexity of the industry.
- Creating and maintaining Work Breakdown Structures and Work Packages
- Developing and implementing Change Management Plans
- Budget, estimate to complete, estimate at completion
- Good understanding of procurement and subcontract management processes
- Great people management in order to get the best out of the team, awareness of what motivates the team, and strong negotiation and persuasive skills.
- Problem solving capabilities, six sigma or equivalent
- Demonstrable knowledge of reviewing bid status, forecasts, metrics etc. to ensure awareness of issues and outcomes.
- Preparing bids with labour, materials and expenses of the order from £5K-£10m
More information on the Bids and Proposal Manager position
The successful contractor for the Bids and Proposal Manager role will need to be able to travel in the UK - all travel can be expensed
We need someone with SC clearance ideally, or someone who is eligible to obtain and maintain SC clearance.
APM Project management qualification will be advantageous, or PMP/PMQ
Degree qualified in engineering or equivalent discipline is desirable also.
Rate of Bids and Proposals Manager Position
Please enquire with Meg at Gold Group on 01342 330503 to find out the specific rate for this position.
The contractor will be paid weekly, 2 weeks in arrears by Gold Group.
How to Apply for the position
This is an urgent role so do not delay in your application!
Either call Meg Easterbrook on 01342 330503 and quote Bids and Proposals Manager, or make an application and she will call you back.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.