|Location: Cambridge||Salary: £20 - £25 per hour + INSIDE IR35|
|Sector: Pharmaceuticals, Client Delivery, Life Sciences||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Sophia Broad|
Senior Scientist (Biophysics) - 12-month contract
£20 - £25 per hour - inside IR35
Senior Biophysics Scientist needed for a 12 month contract within a multinational pharmaceutical organisation based in Cambridge who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Senior Biophysics Scientist that takes pride in their work with an in-depth knowledge of molecular interactions and mechanistic insights.
The successful candidate will hold a PhD in Biophysics or a relevant discipline and will hold 4+ years' experience within a similar role.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Senior Biophysics Scientist will include:
- Collaborate with biochemical and cellular assay development scientists, protein scientists, structural biologists and chemists to create new E3 ligase ligands and protac molecules.
- Provide quantitative biophysical data on protein-ligand binding including affinity, kinetic and stoichiometric data to inform chemistry design and mechanistic understanding.
- Develop and run fragment screens providing high quality data to inform design of reversible and covalent leads.
- Validate and characterise hits from various screens (HTS, DNA-encoded library, virtual)
Learn and deploy new biophysical methods.
- Achieve personal scientific visibility through project contributions and internal presentations.
What experience you need to be the successful Senior Biophysics Scientist:
- Experience in biophysical characterization of molecular interactions and mechanistic insights, using methods such as SPR, NMR, ITC, DSF, fluorescence-based, mass spectrometry and single-molecule methods.
- PhD in Biophysics or a relevant discipline
- 4+ years' experience within a similar role.
- A track record of peer-reviewed publications or patents.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Biophysics Scientist, if you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.