|Salary: £30000 - £36000 per annum + + Benefits
|Sector: IT & Telecoms
|Contact: Gautam Raval
Scientist - Bioprocess Development
I am recruititng for a Scientist with Bioprocess Development experience for a leading biotech client based in the Edinburgh area.
As a Scientist with Bioprocess Development experience you will be part of dynamic team of 50 who all have a passion for science and biotech.
As a Scientist with Bioprocess Development experience you you will be part of the Fermentation department, be must be self-motivated, enthusiastic, and passionate about science. It is essential that the candidate demonstrates evidence of interdisciplinary team skills and can work collaboratively with others to reach project deadlines whilst being flexible, proactive, and able to multi-task effectively to meet the demands of different work activities.
Excellent communication and presentation skills are essential for this role alongside a willingness to learn.
Scientist - Bioprocess Development Benefits:
- Perkbox membership
- Health and wellbeing services
- BUPA level 1 health expenses cover
- On-site gym
- On-site childcare
- Free on-site parking
- Excellent bus links
- Performance based annual bonus
- Cycle to work scheme
- Paid for company nights out
Scientist - Bioprocess Development Skills:
- A PhD or a Masters in Molecular Biology/Biochemistry/Industrial Biotechnology (or closely aligned subject). Industrial experience for PhD-level candidates is advantageous.
- For Master-level candidates, at least two years of industry experience is essential;
- Excellent knowledge and relevant laboratory experience in molecular biology techniques such as electroporation, PCR, vector design, cloning methods (Gibson Assembly, Golden Gate, traditional endonuclease/ligase reactions, etc.), gel electrophoresis.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in enzyme assay/strain biotransformation development. A good working knowledge of enzyme biochemistry is advantageous.
- Excellent numeracy skills and a strong problem-solving ability.
- Good knowledge and experience of microbiology and aseptic techniques
- Proven ability to plan, conduct and troubleshoot experiments both independently, and as part of a team. This role will require significant teamwork and interaction with collaborators. Experience of working in such environments is advantageous.
- The candidate must be able to multitask, have excellent attention to detail and time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills; both oral and written.
- Excellent organisational skills and a flexible hard-working approach are key attributes for this position.
Scientist - Bioprocess Development Desirable Skills:
- Experience of protein purification and analysis would be beneficial.
- Experience in working under a Quality Management System (SOP's, RA's, ELN).
- Knowledge and experience of standard bioinformatics software packages.
- Knowledge and experience in handling a variety of the most commonly used microbial hosts (Escherichia coli, Pichia pastoris, Bacillus subtilis, Saccharomyces cerevisiae, etc.)
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.