|Location: Surrey||Salary: £40000 - £50000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Adrienne Kettlewell||Job Published: 12 days ago|
BMS Engineer - Technical Support Specialist
BMS Engineer - Technical Support Specialist required for a leading engineering organisation based in Surrey. As BMS Engineer - Technical Support Specialist you will be part of the support team providing 1st line technical support for customers. The 1st Line Support function will generally process customer support requests. This is a fully remote role.
As BMS Engineer - Technical Support Specialist you will be fully supported. The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years BEMS industry experience in a technical role and hold a Niagara (Tridium, Trend, Centraline) certification.
What the BMS Engineer - Technical Support Specialist role entails:
Some of the main duties BMS Engineer - Technical Support Specialist will include:
- Fielding customer support requests generated from emails and web forms
- Take emergency telephone requests (in normal hours) from customers when available
- Check caller status against customer database to identify level of support available and handle/route appropriately
- Resolve queries where possible by answering emails or talking the issue through with customers on the telephone by using own accrued knowledge, internal and external knowledge bases and assistance from colleagues
- Capturing customers' issues and details accurately and thoroughly
- Manage and maintain 1st Line Support Ticket request queue
- Ensure requests are dealt with in a fair and timely way by prioritising effectively
- Identify priority requests and ensure they are actioned more promptly
- Maintain tickets - add notes/details, assign, action, close as required to allow management to assess current queue status and easy transfer of duty
- Escalation to 2nd Line support, when required, by agreeing on timescales with the customer and 2nd Line staff resources for further investigation
- Assist with 2nd Line support tickets or take on fully when not on 1st Line duty
What experience you need to be the successful BMS Engineer - Technical Support Specialist:
- Good essential Niagara, BACnet, Modbus, Mbus, MQTT, TCP/IP experience/knowledge
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong drive to grow and explore technical areas outside of own comfort zone
- Within reasonable travelling time of Epsom - up to 1.5 hours each way
- Further education qualification in tech. discipline, e.g. BTEC Level 3, City and Guilds Level 3
- GCSE English, Maths, technical subject (e.g. Design and Technology, Computer Science) and one science (e.g. Physics) - grade 5 or above (or equivalent)
- Tridium Niagara framework course from any manufacturer completed successfully
- Niagara (Tridium, Trend, Centraline) Certification (preferred)
- Tridium TCP N4 Trained or equivalent Niagara framework brand trained, e.g. Trend TONN8/IQVision
- Further education qualification in a technical discipline, e.g. HNC/D
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a BMS Engineer - Technical Support Specialist to progress their career. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.