|Location: Sheffield||Salary: £30000 - £45000 per annum + negotiable|
|Sector: Civil Engineering & Infrastructure||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Adrienne Kettlewell||Job Published: 13 days ago|
The Business Development Executive will take responsibility for the development of new opportunities/sales in the Transport and Energy Sectors.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Sales Manager, the main responsibilities of the Business Development Executive include:
* Prepare and implement strategic plan for the sector with a 3 year forward plan of sales.
* Identify new business opportunities - including growth areas, trends, customers, products and services.
* Identify competition and their USP.
* Seek out and make contact with appropriate people within our target customer base.
* Generate leads and cold call prospective customers - Report back results to the business.
* Meet with customers/clients face to face or over the phone
* Interpret the needs/problems of your customers and be able to respond effectively with a solution.
* Have a solid understanding of the businesses' products or services.
* Work closely with Bid Development Managers to produce technically and commercially compliant bids to a very high quality.
* Nurture Customer relationship from initial enquiry through to delivery to stimulate repeat business.
* Discuss and direct promotional strategy and activities with the marketing department.
* Attend seminars, conferences and events where appropriate
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICIATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
* Proven experience in a similar role
* Experience of Electrical design or Sales of LV & MV switchgear into the Transport and Energy sectors. Essential experience in Rail with desirable experience in Oil & Gas, Power Generation and Ports.
* Experience of Switchgear OEMs.
* Proficient in using IT systems, including Microsoft Office and Autocad Electrical / Mechanical
* High attention to detail with strong organisational skills
* Self-motivated target driven person
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS, EXPEREINCE AND KNOWLEDGE
* Desirable to be qualified to HNC/D Level in Electrical Engineering or similar but not essential.
* Experience of working in a highly regulated environment.
* Desirable to hold a PTS card but not essential.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.