|Location: Newcastle upon Tyne||Salary: TBC ON APPLICATION|
|Sector: Real Estate||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jack Pleon|
Business Development Manager
Newcastle upon Tyne
Full time Permanent
Becoming an Business Development Manager - Estates is an exciting opportunity for a motivated person to play a pivotal role in the growth of my clients Asset Services Division. They are established to the public sector, providing advice to Councils and other organizations on how to maximize their investments in their own assets and wider regeneration. They take a positive approach to the delivery of our thier objectives and key strategic projects, to stimulate economic activity and deliver income targets.
This role will have a focus on establishing new opportunities for the Division across the UK, based on core disciplines such as estate resilience, valuation, viability, regeneration and business cases. This job will provide you with an excellent opportunity in developing an active portfolio of work, with a market leading organization.
You will have excellent business development capabilities, persuasion, presentation and communication skills, enthusiasm and determination. In return we will back you to achieve your career goals with excellent prospects for advancement.
What experience you need to be the successful Business Development Manager:
- Play a key role in the identification of business opportunities with new public sector clients, based on a sound understanding of the existing team's activities and capabilities
- Develop relationships with existing key clients in support of additional work
- Negotiate the procurement of Capita to secure new revenue streams
- Generate a customer relationship management model that allows for the management of the business development effort
- Maintain a list of live opportunities and leads using Capita's Salesforce system
- Ensure accurate forecasting of firm and potential revenue to the Profit Centre Manager and highlighting risk to those forecasts
- Assist in the production and delivery of bids/tenders for new work.
- Identify regeneration and development opportunities for clients and bringing forward such opportunities as required.
- Writing and presenting formal written/verbal reports for a variety of purposes
Required Skills and Experience:
- Professional qualifications - a degree in a property, economics or related discipline
- A proven track record with excellent sales skills, confidence in client facing situations, able to influence and convince, and the ability to build client relationships
- Experience of operating in a public sector environment
- Ability to present written and verbal reports to clients, strong prioritisation and time management skills, and able to meet deadlines.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work in a busy environment as a member of a team with a positive, enthusiastic attitude to work.
- The ability to exercise own initiative, and to demonstrate a self-motivated and confident approach
- Must possess a full driving licence
What's in it for you?
- A competitive basic salary
- 23 days holiday (rising to 25 after 2 years' service and 27 after 5 years) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave…and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.