|Location: England||Salary: £60000 - £65000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Jack Pleon||Job Published: 21 days ago|
Business Development Manager
Remote based - You will be expected to travel to UK customers and offices occasionally (Henley-in-Arden, Warks & Watford)
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Business Development Manager will include:
This role will lead the Company's strategy for the growth of our Data Protection Services (DPS) and Hybrid Cloud (Azure & IBM) across our traditional markets - Finance, Retail and Manufacturing. This means expanding our services and sales focus on the development of our DPS and Hybrid Cloud on the back of the Global Programs global agreements with Commvault and HPE. The main objective for this role is to lead the development of our Data Protection Services (mProtect Flex) and Flex Capacity Management Services (HPE Greenlake).
- Contribute to and refine programmatic solution efforts.
- Improve and revise DPS and Hybrid Cloud program content and processes.
- Collaborate with various internal teams to expand and enhance the programmatic ties.
- Serve as an ambassador of the Meridian IT's culture.
- Solid ability to take initiative and create, lead, and sustain program initiatives.
Sales & Solution Specialist Responsibilities:
- Dig deeper into an organisation and take advantage of cross and upsell opportunities.
- Expand technical knowledge to become a security subject matter expert.
- Comfortable presenting via screen share, or in person, in front of executive audiences.
- Negotiations, closing sales, pipeline management, reaching targets, coaching and mentoring associates, and order management.
- Own the complete sales process with strategic oversight of deals and accounts over 3-5-year period. You will target the late mid-market and early enterprise space (deals circa £100k- multi £m's).
- Driving nett new growth across a UK wide remit. Demonstrated business and financial acumen. Knowledgeable of profit and loss and forecasting concepts.
- Influence effectively when driving ideas and initiatives with internal and external partners.
- Work with the sales management team to identify programs and campaigns to generate pipeline in our existing managed accounts.
- Any other duties as needed or required by the business. Such other relevant duties may be assigned by the Manager in agreement with you. Such agreement should not be unreasonably withheld.
- Understanding of the technical consulting ecosystem and the required business model
- Knowledge of technical and software concepts
- Comfortable working in and with a distributed team and willingness to travel periodically
- Work with targeted partners driving new solutions by developing their sales, marketing, and technical readiness
- Maintain a high level of expertise on Cloud offerings - including certifications as needed
- Must respond to rapid change, perform duties with accuracy and with a strong degree of urgency
- A driven and highly motivated C-suite seller who is comfortable with business-critical conversations and mapping out long term solutions within complex deal cycles
- Proven commercial experience within strategic account management or new business sales selling
- Previous commercial experience managing multiple opportunities from conception to close
- Capable of networking at all levels or the decision-making cycle
- Experience delivering client-focused solutions to customer needs
- Proven ability to juggle multiple account management projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail
- Exploit existing products to propose new solutions and product bundling
- Cross-product / solution building
- Naturally keen to solve customer problems and help businesses to grow
- Must have extensive selling DPS and Microsoft Azure Cloud solutions and services
- Must have broad DPS and Cloud industry with wider market knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent networker, customer focused, sales techniques and strategic thinking
- Very personable and enthusiastic
- Ability to write sound proposals
- Excellent presentation (formulation & delivery) skills
- Good organisational and problem-solving skills
- Solutions architect ability / knowhow
- Working closely with marketing with an eye for marketing strategy and collateral development
- Demonstrate a high level of independent judgment and initiative
- Be totally self-motivated and self-managed
- Handle confidential information in a professional manner
Ideally you will have 3 years of DPS services and Cloud technology sales, preferably working for a leading vendor or provider of similar services (EG Veritas, Dell/EMC, Commvault). Background of managing deals circa (100k+) within a UK remit. Worked as a Business Development Manager
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Business Development Manager to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.