|Location: Isle of Wight||Salary: Attractive Salary + Excellent Package!|
|Sector: Civil Engineering & Infrastructure||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Paul Napper||Job Published: 26 days ago|
Isle of Wight
**Attractive Salary + Package**
We are currently recruiting for a major contractor who are in need of a Buyer, they are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Buyer that takes pride in their work with previous experience of procurement within a Construction, Highways or Civil Engineering industry, ability to identify improvement opportunities and follow them through to conclusion and good level of computer literacy (MS Office applications, internet and e-mail).
What the Buyer role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Buyer will include:
- Efficiently and effectively manage the procurement of all requirements to ensure timely delivery of services in accordance with customer orders and requirements.
- Review, select and manage a best value, reliable and performing supplier base in accordance with customer contractual requirements and company procedures.
- Actively represent procurement and support Procurement Manager at internal company meetings.
- Work alongside the finance team.
- Negotiable with key partners, suppliers and others.
- Create purchase orders for plant / machinery, IT, protection clothing, powered tools and more.
- Management of purchase orders.
- Recommend and implement industry best practice approaches to material procurement.
What experience you need to be the successful Buyer:
- Previous experience of procurement within a Construction, Highways or Civil Engineering.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to prepare and deliver professional presentations at a senior level.
- Ability to identify improvement opportunities and follow them through to conclusion.
- Highly motivated and performance focused with good interpersonal and negotiating skills
- Good level of computer literacy (MS Office applications, internet and e-mail).
- Self-motivated and eager to take on responsibility and accountability.
- SAP experience is highly desirable.
- A degree / HNC / ONC in a relevant sector.
- CIPS qualification (desirable).
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Buyer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.