|Location: Birmingham||Salary: £32000 - £50000 per annum + car & package|
|Sector: Commercial, Construction||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Matthew Clegg|
£32,000 to £55,000 + car & package
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a commercially minded Buyer to join a leading main contractor delivering a high profile infrastructure project in the West Midlands. The Buyer will be joining a busy and growing Procurement Team and assisting with supply chain and procurement activities across this high profile project.
The Buyer will be working closely with the commercial & estimating teams, site delivery teams, various support functions and stakeholders. Some of your key duties will include:
- Supporting the procurement, commercial and estimating teams with tendering, market analysis, selection of suppliers, commercial risk analysis and forecasting
- Undertake supplier evaluations
- Support and implement changes to enhance the procurement processes
- Develop the supplier database
- Develop a project wide framework of supplier agreements
- Assist with the development of local, diverse and SME engagement strategies
Buyer's considering this opportunity will need to have at least 2 years experience working as a Buyer, ideally within a construction or infrastructure related field for a main contractor or similar business. You'll need a commercial approach to your work and be need to live within a reasonable commute of Birmingham City Centre.
The successful Buyer can expect a rewarding career that includes the support of a growing, inclusive and friendly team of procurement professionals delivering a high profile, high value project. You'll be given a platform for career progression with a structured career path that begins on day 1. You'll also be offered a competitive salary & package that includes:
- Starting salary of £32,000 to £50,000
- Company car or car allowance
- Private healthcare
- Contributory Pension
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Yearly pay & performance reviews
If you're a Buyer considering a new opportunity and if working for a leading main contractor on a high profile project sounds of interest, get in touch with Matt Clegg at Gold Group today.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.