|Location: High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire||Salary: Up to £1 per annum|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Sam Davies|
Buyer needed for an electronics manufacturer based in High Wycombe who are looking to employ an experienced Buyer with an in-depth knowledge of procurement within the defence industry.
The successful Buyer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
* Salary: Competitive
* 25 days of holiday
* Pension Plan
* Career Progression
* Child care vouchers
* Free Flu Jab
* Cycle scheme
* Life assurance
What the role entails: To affect the necessary procurement of materials, goods and services into the business in support of the delivery of new and existing systems designs. Commodities include PCB's, electronic components, metal work (e.g. fabrication, welding, machining, sheet metalwork, painting and plating) and electro-mechanical assemblies.
Some of the main duties of the Buyer will include:
* Validation of Purchase Requisitions and negotiation with vendors (where required) to ensure the best quality, cost and delivery (QCD) performance is achieved.
* Timely issue and expediting of Purchase Orders in accordance with company procedures and processes to ensure the best possible terms with respect to QCD and risk mitigation are achieved and therefore, reduce the total cost of ownership (TCO). Obtaining written order acknowledgements against all PO's in a timely manner will be instrumental to the procurement process.
* Utilise competitive tendering wherever product design and/or time constraints allow.
* To implement effective supplier relationship management (SRM) with strategic/key vendors.
* To measure and report vendor QCD performance, implement improvement plans and implement corrective actions for unsatisfactory performance.
* Identify opportunities for spend-leverage with suppliers wherever possible.
* Assist is the selection of new suppliers via a common set of criteria and scoring matrix.
* Support procurement department objectives and KPI's and be instrumental in supporting their achievement.
* Support the timely return of any defective material deliveries to respective vendors and procure replacement materials in accordance with company procedures and processes whilst minimising any impact on project milestones.
* Liaise with Production, QA and Programmes to ensure product and service quality levels are maximised.
What you need to be the successful Buyer:
Experience in the purchase of:
* Procurement of Mechanical fabrication, electrical and electronic components.
* Printed circuit board assembly subcontract or similar.
* Supplier selection and supplier group commodity management.
* Involvement with Supply Chain initiatives, driving performance improvements.
* MRP - use of purchasing / materials inventory applications with MRP system.
* Experience of ISO9000 system or equivalent
Must be eligible for Security Clearance!
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Buyer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!