|Location: Stafford, Staffordshire, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms, Client Delivery, Defence, Electronics, Engineering, Space, Technology, Safety, Corporate & Professional Services||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Nick Taylor||Job Published: 14 days ago|
Software Engineer C++
Software Engineer is required to play a key role in the software engineering team, developing real time and analysis software for Maritime projects. The successful Software Engineer will be an accomplished C++ developer and a major contributor in the implementation of sub-system components.
You will be educated to a minimum of degree level in computer science, engineering or a numerate scientific discipline with relevant software engineering experience covering; software, C++, Coding, Maritime, Linux, Windows, Boost, Networking, Products, Testing, Hardware, TCP/IP and GUI.
My client would like this position filled ASAP, so if you feel you have the suitable skills along with passion and drive then this is the opportunity for you.
So, what responsibilities will you have as a Software Engineer?
- Production of code in-line with company coding standards
- Carry out code reviews
- Develop and carry out unit testing
- Monitor and improve the technical performance of the software produced
- Be the interface between the software and hardware teams
What are we looking for from the Software Engineer?
- Strong C++ development background, comfortable working in both a Linux and Windows environment.
- Be familiar with boost (particularly boost.asio)
- Familiarity with C++17.
- Have a working knowledge of various networking protocols (TCP/UDP, UNIX domain sockets).
So, if you are interested in joining a well-established, renowned, globally recognised organisation working with experts in their field, as the next Software Engineer, hit that apply button now!
**Security Clearance (SC) or eligibility to gain SC is required to be considered**
**This role is Inside IR35 and for a duration of 6 months**
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.